New Grower First Grow in 10 Years (Coco/Perlite, Mephisto Genetics)

Lol, your gonna be so ripped smoking that if you haven't smoked in so long. I suggest take one hit then run away from your pipe as fast as possible or my guess is you will be overbaked and it may not be very enjoyable.

Give it a couple weeks and you'll look like snoop dog on the tv, don't worry.
LOL. I'm super excited and looking forward to being stoned outta my gourd. :smoking:

Sadly I sold all my glass when I quit smoking. I had some really nice bongs and bubblers. I need to look into a vape pen or something. Vaporizers had just started coming out when I quit, so I never got to use one. I'll probably run to the local smoke shop and grab some papers for the meantime.

The most important thing is figuring out what to watch during that first time smoking. Lots of great stoner movies have come out in the past 10 years which I never had the pleasure of enjoying properly... But then there are always the classics like The Big Lewbowski and Half Baked..

LOL. I'm super excited and looking forward to being stoned outta my gourd. :smoking:

Sadly I sold all my glass when I quit smoking. I had some really nice bongs and bubblers. I need to look into a vape pen or something. Vaporizers had just started coming out when I quit, so I never got to use one. I'll probably run to the local smoke shop and grab some papers for the meantime.

The most important thing is figuring out what to watch during that first time smoking. Lots of great stoner movies have come out in the past 10 years which I never had the pleasure of enjoying properly... But then there are always the classics like The Big Lewbowski and Half Baked..
Movie to watch stoned, Ted, Then watch Ted 2

Movie to watch stoned, Ted, Then watch Ted 2
Those movies were great while sober, so I can only imagine how awesome they are while stoned.. I think I'm going to start making a list, lol. :mrgreen:

The Witcher season 2 comes out on the 17th and I plan to be fully baked through the entire binge watching session, hehe.

Day 90: HARVEST!

The day finally arrived! My first successful grow is now in the books and it was an amazing experience. I ran into some problems, as any new grower does, but I learned so much. I also wouldn't have been able to do it without all the awesome people here at AFN! You guys helped me through the deficiencies I encountered and answered all the questions I had. I'm so glad to have found this place.

Now for some pics! :smoking:

ForumStomper_Finished03.jpg

ForumStomper_Finished02.jpg

ForumStomper_Finished01.jpg

That's the Forum Stomper. In case anybody is wondering about the Skywalker, she never really produced anything.. Just some popcorn buds. It wasn't pretty. I stressed her out those first two weeks with a combination of heat stress from having the light too close and then making her stretch by having the light too high up. (That was before I had a light meter and knew what DLI/PPFD was. I've come a long way in 3 months, lol). The Forum Stomper powered through like a champ!

Here's the root structure.. I was using standard 3.5 gallon nursery pots from Home Depot so I'm really excited to be trying some Rain Science bags for my next grow.

ForumStomper_Roots01.jpg

I wasn't really sure what I was doing with the LST, so I dunno if I helped or hurt my yield. Everything was even but then the 3 big cola's kinda took off, hehe. It looks like a lot when it's hanging up, but I know it's going to lose like 75% of it's weight once dry. If I get an ounce then I'll be really happy.

So yeah, that's it. My first (real) grow is in the books and I'm already starting to plan my next one. I'll post again with the weight once she's dry.

Just want to tag in some peeps who helped me out over the past three months. Big thanks to all of you, and of course to everybody here on AFN! @420Forever @Mañ'O'Green @St. Tom @Fermented_Fruitz @Kyote @Frank_Spencer @Cooterjuice @MassMom @Perpetually Automatic @Bruce Campbell (I'm sorry if I forgot anybody). Gotta also tag in @stan_mephisto. I'm really glad I chose Mephisto seeds for my first grow!

Thanks so much for the rep everybody! I'm so glad I decided to try growing again. To be able to smoke something I grew myself is going to be awesome. Having to go through black market dealers is the main reason I quit smoking years ago.

Now for the hardest part... Waiting for it to dry!

Here it is all dried and weighed. I did it slowly over 11 days at 50-55% RH. All together I pulled in 47.11 grams from her. The buds came out kinda airy, but considering the problems I ran into I'm very pleased with the results.
Buds01.jpg

Buds02.jpg

PopcornTrim.jpg

I quickly realized there's an art to trimming (and drying and curing) so I just did my best to remove all the sugar leaves. As I mentioned the buds were kinda light and airy, but they are covered in trichomes and already smell kinda nice. As long as they don't taste like chlorophyll then I'll be happy, hehe.
NiceBud01.jpg

Tagging @420Forever because I believe this officially closes out my first grow. Perfect timing because I bought a pack of rolling papers and I plan to binge watch The Witcher S2 tonight! :woohoo1::smoking:

Here it is all dried and weighed. I did it slowly over 11 days at 50-55% RH. All together I pulled in 47.11 grams from her. The buds came out kinda airy, but considering the problems I ran into I'm very pleased with the results.
View attachment 1398034
View attachment 1398035
View attachment 1398036

I quickly realized there's an art to trimming (and drying and curing) so I just did my best to remove all the sugar leaves. As I mentioned the buds were kinda light and airy, but they are covered in trichomes and already smell kinda nice. As long as they don't taste like chlorophyll then I'll be happy, hehe.
View attachment 1398037

Tagging @420Forever because I believe this officially closes out my first grow. Perfect timing because I bought a pack of rolling papers and I plan to binge watch The Witcher S2 tonight! :woohoo1::smoking:

:clapper: :headbang: :slap: congratz on the harvest & a shiny lil badge is now ur'z for the effort :thumbsup: plz display it under ur name by goin to profile > badgez & clickin the lil megaphone icon beside it ;) and keep an eye on ur alertz for ur secret decoder ring :eyebrows: ppp

Back