New Grower First Grow - Northern Lights/Pineapple Express/Sweet Tooth (Autos)

^

Seems really good to me. I also read a post from muddy earlier that said grow rooms with leds can handle a bit more heat compared to other lighting methods. He basically said 80-85 was fine for led grows.

Soo I dug up the lazy bean and apparently it did sprout, but it never broke the soil. For some reason the Soil seemed a bit more "caked" than the other 2 pots. I'm not sure why but it was the only pot that I watered prior to putting a seed in so maybe that had something to do with it. Oh well.

I started germing a seed before I went to sleep, let it soak for 11 hours in a shot glass with water and growmore jump start. It sunk by the time I woke up and I just put it in paper towels and 2 paper plates. Northern lights is still the big shot caller. She is doing great and is obviously the alpha female at this point. Pineapple is still a lot slower, maybe 2-3 days behind her in progress. You can really tell I stunted her early in her life ;(

all in all, everything is still going well and I can't wait for the first 10 days to be over because this time in the plants life sucks balls and growth is so sloooooooooooooooooow.

placing that small fan outside the tent and making it blow through the vent at the bottom really seems to be keeping stuff a lot cooler too. Glad I did it.

:karma Cloud: for your new bean, Freiya!

The new bean was my fastest germing bean yet lol. I don't even think it took 24 hours. I'm starting to get a lil worried about ms pineapple though. Doesn't seem like she is growing at all but she looks healthy.

I'm also worried about stunting them when I switch to 18/6. Do you guys think they can get stunted from doing that? I wanted to switch to 18/6 in about 1 more week once i'm out of the seedling stage. Currently at 24/0

Last edited:
Some new pics! they came out a lot better than the other ones. Used my tablet instead of my phone and got a new cam app. The seedling with the bendy stem is the northern lights. He did the bend the same day I added the cfls lol. Other guy is the pineapple.

Both of them are about 6 days old.

IMG_20140605_163449.jpgIMG_20140605_163607.jpgIMG_20140605_163619.jpgIMG_20140605_163639.jpgIMG_20140605_163700.jpg

Cute little kiddos :)

lol so hard to find a damn tray for my pots. I went to walmart and bought some short Tupperware type thing and all 3 pots barely fit in it bit it's such a tight fit I know it's going to be a pain in the ass when I need to take the pots out. Anyone got any suggestions for really cheap big trays to handle water run off?

:smoke: Hi Freiya- An idea just popped into my head for this,..if it's the right dimensions; check out the shallow plastic trays used for putting messy shoes in,... I think I have one here that's made by Rubbermaid, so finding it or something like it shouldn't be too hard (this was a gift, so I don't know exactly where it came from- LOL!); it's 28"x14"x1.5", fairly sturdy build.....otherwise, a Horti-store likely has other kinds and in particular, shapes.... :thumbs:

>>> ..couple pics! 002.jpg001.jpg

Last edited:
Tupperware has some large under-bed storage bins that might do the trick as well.

Back