Auto Seeds First grow, want some input on soil.

JDangle420

New User
Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting and first time growing (autoflowers). I have successfully had 2 indoor harvests in previous years and recently got my tent set back up.

I purchased the mars hydro FC-E4800 light to put into my vivosun 4x4 tent. I ditched the 1000w HPS for this beast and hope it was well worth it :)

My concern is with the soil.. I made my own, a combination of (1 larger bag of Kellogg organic soil, peat, vermiculite, coco, bat guano, and gypsum) the peat/vermiculite are 50/50 mixes added to the Kellogg. I wanted to see if this is going to be too hot for seeds? I plan to use a compost tea for nuts as we get further along.

My other option was to use FFOF but I wanted to see if this mixture would work? thoughts?

thank you

It'll work. might be hot but seedlings can handle more than people give them credit for. probably wouldn't be any hotter than OF. Just don't over water and you should be good. You should start a journal so we can follow along.

And you upgraded to a great light. You'll be happy with the move from HPS.

It'll work. might be hot but seedlings can handle more than people give them credit for. probably wouldn't be any hotter than OF. Just don't over water and you should be good. You should start a journal so we can follow along.
Awesome, thanks for the advice. I will start a journal! thank you again

Back