Mephisto Genetics First grow!

What kind of lights are y'all running? I have yet to see a HLG 600 in use yet. I am a big hater of certain terms, and LED equivalent watts is one of those terms. It has always reminded me of the car stereo department at Walmart, where you see little tiny amps that say 1200w, and then read the fine print and it's actually more like 200w. Lol. I don't like that, and it's basically lying. Watts are actually REALLY strong. Go listen to a 50w tube guitar amp with a good cabinet. It's LOUD. Like holy shit loud. Modern high end LEDs are the same way. It's amazing what 52w of Mean Well power will do to a good COB. I can personally attest that for a 4x2 or similar space of 8 ft², you will be more than adequate with 400w MAX. That would be like 8 COBs running at approx 50w each....thats A LOT of light. It's all about "wall watts".

I have been in a growers rut (not growing anything) for the past little while. I literally had so much dope I didn't know what to do with it, and I needed a good drying space, so I used my 4x4 tent. This was back in mid to late 2018, then on March 6th 2019, my growing buddy and best friend took his fucking life, and it's been haunting me. We had some HUGE plans for over here to go BONKERS. I'm talking about 50+ plants in 150-200 ft² each with their own COB ideally, or quantum board or whatever is popping when I go shopping. Even with that setup real world numbers would be about 2500w for the lighting and another 1000 for the auxiliary gear.

I'm about to do attempt a soil run of 5 or so in my 4x4 just to eliminate the heeby jeebies and get the rust off. I am just not feeling a Coco grow quite yet...me and my boy would spend hours just playing with nutes and trying new shit. I probably got $1500 worth of nutes here at the moment, along with tons of COBs and half a dozen Mean Well drivers.

Plus one for the Inkbird!!!! I got one of those and IT'S AMAZING. Seriously, I only used it for a couple weeks, but it's ridiculous how precise it'll get stuff, and it's one of those holy shit moment pieces of gear. You're gonna LOVE it. Get one Greeny, your garden looks fantastic BTW.

You can get some absolutely insane plants with LST...my personal record for autos under COBs is about 11oz from one of the Mephisto strains that I didn't like to much, I can't even remember which one. Maybe MBAP or one of the Livers strains... I've tried at least 20 from Meph. I have seen a few of those less desirable strains, mainly in their older stuff. My boy got 24-25oz off a single DP Auto Euforia that went 125 days in a 5 gallon DWC. That wasn't my favorite either, but it sure did pay the bills. 25 x $175 = $$$, lol. That was grown under a pair of monster 1825s at 125w each or so, well past the 2.5 and creeping on 3.0g/w. Un-fucking-real. You see why his passing is like a fucking curse. Me and my girl were having a talk about him just last night. He was a real special person in a sea of dummies, and shared in my love of music, guitar, electronics, animals, made from scratch food and anything super cool.

Sour Stomper is one of my top 3 favorite strains from Phisters, have fun with her...the finished results are spectacular, and the high on it is very uplifting. It's a good smoke to start the day, unlike GWK, which is like a indica freight train. Both make good smoke/cash crops and will bring an ear to ear grin if used in concentrates. We did that too, and I still got a dab or three of GWK shatter. Sorry to spill my life story, just wanted to jump in on the watts discussion. Welcome to the Auto-club. As a grower for many years, I can firmly say that this is where it's at for indoor. Autos and KAAAHBS baby.

GWK w/ LST. This dope was INSANE. Fucking lights out one hit shit.
PSX_20181216_191925.jpg
PSX_20181216_191431.jpg
PSX_20181216_191705.jpg

Back