Grow Room First PC grow: Russian Rocket Fuel (rebooted)

I just bumped my case up to 10000 lumens from 6000. Now running 4 40 watt bulbs

My new light setup

View attachment 194455

Update: temps are running a little high now but, i think i may have that under control. also, the glue was not strong enough and lights were falling down. i have used some of those handy twist ties to take the weight off the lights mounting. holy crap is is bright now!

Last edited:
Thats a sick setup man considering its a box! Did you make that your self? I have a similiar hydro box that I bought for $700 when i got i realized I could of made the freakin thing in like a weekend ha. Really like how you set up that screen I was thinking of doing the same thing with mine

Thats a sick setup man considering its a box! Did you make that your self? I have a similiar hydro box that I bought for $700 when i got i realized I could of made the freakin thing in like a weekend ha. Really like how you set up that screen I was thinking of doing the same thing with mine

I appreciate that! I went around town looking for a full atx case that was used. I stumbled on this one. Not the most ideal but, it was in the range of dimensions i was willing to try. The rest of the case is my design and to be honest it's been a patchwork. There has been alot of upgrading as I go and see the need.

The initial build time was about 6 hours. There is probably about 12 total invested into fabrication by now. If you look back a few pages you will see a picture example of the wood box that I will be knocking off in the coming 2-3 months. I have lots of modifications to make to my master closet before that one goes into commission though. I still have to run electrical conduit and wire, cut a hole for an outlet box, swap closet doors to reduce air restriction, run air conditioning duct work and cut a hole out for the register I will be putting into the closet.

The biggest lesson I learned last summer was that I need alot of CFM's near my grow space or it will burn itself up very quickly.

the buds are slowly beginning to get bigger now. today is day 71. i am shooting for a day 85 harvest at this point.

photo update sometime tomorrowish. i have begun flushing out the plant. it is not looking very good and i'm starting to see amber trichs so, thats that. not a very good overall harvest but the learning is worth more than the weed at this level of growing by far. I have also learned that i will not be feeding every watering from this point forward with my next sprouts. which by the way i have in the party cups w/happy frog right now. I have a new bag of ocean forest waiting for me to ready a new scrog container. i have two cups at the moment. 1 has two RRF seeds and another has 1 only.

onwards and upwards!

waiting for some photo update bro!

also would like to know how long/tall the 40-42w cfls are.

are they around 6.5" - 7"? with about 2600-2700 lumens correct?! -- looking to change up my 23w to a 40 or 42w for next grow or so.

HE, those cfl's are putting out 2600 and are about 6.25 inches long approx. (might be an eighth inch larger no more than that)

i cut off a popcorn bud today and snapped a photo of it. i have it drying above my pc towers 240cm top exhaust fan in an open mason jar. it smells just as good as the organic rrf i grew outside last summer so even though in my opinion this plant looks get a 3/10, it should still get me pretty baked. i'm going to flush this lady until my new sprouts require the full attention of my pc case. next time the plant is dry, i will be using FloraKleen to remove most of the leftover salts and nutes from the container and let the plant begin to eat its stored sugars.

shooting for a weekend harvest right now =)

View attachment 200515
View attachment 200513
View attachment 200510
View attachment 200511

View attachment 200516
View attachment 200517
View attachment 200518
pencil.png

I just did the FloraKleen final flush. The plants will be eating what meager amounts of stored sugars and nutrients it has left in itself. Run off was nearly at 900 ppm which surprised me. There is alot of salt build up in this soil at the moment me thinks. I have a feeling going with FFOF this coming grow will help satisfy the plant without having to bathe it in maxibloom every watering. If I can get away with it this time, I will be running FFOF only for veg and moving over to maxibloom nutrient schedule for flower.

There are no sprouts in my party cups yet. I will be dropping 4 more seeds in some water tonight just in case I got goose eggs on this round of germinated seeds.

Back