First time grow thanks guys.

Do you soak the seeds before planting in the jiffy pellets?
Thanks,
Susan
Yeah i soak for 12 hrs then i dont use jiffy pellets but the media inside them

Hi and welcome to AFN!

You asked if there are any tips or tricks to tell if your plants are male or female at this early stage. Short answer is no. If you bought feminized seeds you have an almost dead cert that they are female. But the only way to know for sure is patience and waiting to see if they shoot out pistoles or the dreaded male nanas!!

I just started yesterday, so I don't know yet how they will work. I have no experience with coconut coir, or much else for that matter. Just starting out.

Thanks for replying.
I do differently than most an have had 100% germ rates. I do use jiffy pellet media but stripped out of netting and put in my non-transplant cups which are 3oz plastic shot glasses. After they pop the soil, about 3days i pull them out of the cups and they go to final pot. Helps with not having to water too much or too little. Just mist til media is wet on top and good to go
9BF8DE6D-422A-4749-97F7-B7E896CBB9EB.jpeg
D21B45C0-21B2-490E-B64F-07E997B0429A.jpeg
9688BBE6-7DC3-4D5A-960E-AFD2B486953B.jpeg
A447C8DF-5E06-4BF4-843A-C9516AD69926.jpeg

He's been helping me on my first grow and his advice has helped me get to this point with no issues, I even trimmed them with no negative effects.
20200601_194633_1.jpg

20200601_194826_1.jpg

Those are both mephisto Genetics autos and my first grow.

Side note: I personally don't water the germinated seed again after a light pour after planting until I see life break through. Then, on Jpkindbud's advice only watered the outside of the pot so the roots look for moisture and establish well. My plants are veery healthy so his advice is good.

He's been helping me on my first grow and his advice has helped me get to this point with no issues, I even trimmed them with no negative effects.
View attachment 1198001
View attachment 1198002
Those are both mephisto Genetics autos and my first grow.

Side note: I personally don't water the germinated seed again after a light pour after planting until I see life break through. Then, on Jpkindbud's advice only watered the outside of the pot so the roots look for moisture and establish well. My plants are veery healthy so his advice is good.
Thanks @Zatka ,only passing on knowhow i learned here! Lol

Right? Well that's why I love this site!

I do differently than most an have had 100% germ rates. I do use jiffy pellet media but stripped out of netting and put in my non-transplant cups which are 3oz plastic shot glasses. After they pop the soil, about 3days i pull them out of the cups and they go to final pot. Helps with not having to water too much or too little. Just mist til media is wet on top and good to goView attachment 1197983View attachment 1197985View attachment 1197986View attachment 1197987
Looks good. Thanks for sharing. My first seed just popped this morning. It is in a Jiffy Pellet.

Back