New Grower First time grower - need seedling advice

Reaction score
Hello! First time grower here and looking for some advice as several of my seedlings appear to be struggling. Everything is currently in FF Happy Frog and I have a mix of ak47 and blue dream. The grow tent is at 82 degrees for most most of the day and 60% humidity. The larger two seedlings are 8 days old since sprouting and the smaller two are 4 days. I'm noticing my younger two look unhealthy and are starting to curl. I'm trying to diagnose what may be causing it - potential overwatering? Light wise I'm around 26 inches above the seedlings using a Mars hydro tsw 2000w LED on a 20/4 cycle. Currently have used no nutes based on the soil selected and watering using spring water. Any help appreciated! 20210813_164349.jpg20210813_164402.jpg20210813_164422.jpg20210813_164442.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! First time grower here and looking for some advice as several of my seedlings appear to be struggling. Everything is currently in FF Happy Frog and I have a mix of ak47 and blue dream. The grow tent is at 82 degrees for most most of the day and 60% humidity. The larger two seedlings are 8 days old since sprouting and the smaller two are 4 days. I'm noticing my younger two look unhealthy and are starting to curl. I'm trying to diagnose what may be causing it - potential overwatering? Light wise I'm around 26 inches above the seedlings using a Mars hydro tsw 2000w LED on a 20/4 cycle. Currently have used no nutes based on the soil selected and watering using spring water. Any help appreciated!View attachment 1354969View attachment 1354970View attachment 1354971View attachment 1354972
They look ok to me?

They don’t look unhealthy as such but the leaves on the last 3 pics do look like they might be a bit dry, is there any weight in your solo cups? Try not to let them dry out completely.

roots cant grow in dry soil..

Hello! First time grower here and looking for some advice as several of my seedlings appear to be struggling. Everything is currently in FF Happy Frog and I have a mix of ak47 and blue dream. The grow tent is at 82 degrees for most most of the day and 60% humidity. The larger two seedlings are 8 days old since sprouting and the smaller two are 4 days. I'm noticing my younger two look unhealthy and are starting to curl. I'm trying to diagnose what may be causing it - potential overwatering? Light wise I'm around 26 inches above the seedlings using a Mars hydro tsw 2000w LED on a 20/4 cycle. Currently have used no nutes based on the soil selected and watering using spring water. Any help appreciated!View attachment 1354969View attachment 1354970View attachment 1354971View attachment 1354972
Looks like you should pour some water in those with dry leaves.Just a bit,cannabis doesn't like too much watered soil

Reactions: AMG
Using TSW 2000,we recommended 16-24 height and 50%-60% dimming at seeding stage.

Thank you for the help! Most my plants have recovered and have also successfully been transplanted into 3/5 gallon pots. One plant however continues to struggle and wilt. It's about 16 days old and was transplanted 4 days ago, I'm watering it with 2 cups of water and just added a tiny bit of nutes (Grow Big & Big Bloom at 1/4) for the first time. I'm watering roughly every 3 days. It's an auto blue dream. The plant continues to show new growth, but everything new seems wilted as well. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm still in FFHF soil, 20/4 schedule with my lights 18 inches above at 75% intensity. My tent is kept at 80 degrees during the day and 75 when the lights go off, humidity is at 60%.

20210820_085759.jpg20210820_085803.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AMG
I agree with @Perpetually Automatic, they look dry and i would have tried to raise the rh% a little more.
Would love some advice, the plant remains limp yet still continues to grow. It's my highest and largest plant, yet it looks the saddest. Any reason why it continues to grow and get bigger, but the leaves and plant are hanging? Ph of the soil is at 6.9-7.

I'm no expert, but 2 cups of water seems like too little for a 3 or 5gal pot. I'd bet your girls are just thirsty.

Back