You are in the same boat I was in a year ago and I’m now on my 3rd grow. It definitely is a growing experience (pun intended). My only advice from your post is don’t put an expected date for chop at this point. Experience for us newbies is that I have yet to see my chop date equate to what the seed description says. Bottom line is they will be ready when they are. So much goes into how long these girls actually take. I grew 4 plants my first grow and I actually wound up tossing most of it away. One was a runt that I just didn’t want to bother with, another I chopped too soon, the third was one I grew on my deck and wound up turning hermit, so I tossed it and the last was the one I hoped was the star, but either I didn’t cure it right or something, but it was really harsh. Once I got my 2nd grow harvested I realized how bad my first grow was. I was much better the second time and the 2 I grew that time are and were outstanding. I expect even better with my 3rd grow as they are now about one week into flower. Welcome!
Thank you! I'm reading a lot and trying to base the harvest time on what I've learned about the plants. I'll do another few plants as I am enjoying the process. I fault myself for not keeping detailed records from the start!

You will do great. AFN is a treasure trove for growing Autoflower plants as well as photoperiod strains too. I like to help when ever I can in those 40 years I got to the point where iam a decent consistent grower at 60 years old. ☮
Thanks for your reply! I originally bought photoperiod seeds, but after realizing auto-flowers existed I went that route! It made sense. Since then I've read as much as I can find on growing. Some conflicting information, so I try using common sense. In hindsight, I wish I planted stronger strains, but this will be a good start! Thanks again, from one old fart to another!

Back