New Grower First time growing. Time to say hello!

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Nothing! Ran out
Hello everyone, so I recently moved to Spain and decided it was probably about time to try having a go at growing my own instead of paying rip off prices like you would get back in the UK! Admittedly it is cheaper here but still... If I can grow my own why not?!

So I've decided to grow outdoors and Im about two weeks into my grow now, I've been reading through this forum since before I started but only just joined to put my experience up and see if anyone can offer me some advice. So please do send any comments my way good or bad

As I said growing outdoors, strains used are

2x Dinafem Critical 2.0 auto (freebies from local grow shop)
Dinafem Haze 2.0 auto
Dinafem Sour Diesel
Dinafem Amnesia Blue XXL
2x Mantanuska photoperiods (freebies from online store)

So after lots of reading I decided to grow using 10l smart pots (white fabric ones).
Coco pellets (unbranded jiffy type things) to germinate seedlings in then transplanted to 10l pots.

Will be using Biobizz light mix soil with Fish Mix, Bloom and Topmax at half recommended dosage to play it safe.

I forgot to track the date of germination so I am estimating it at beginning of third week, some are behind as I got the Mantanuska seeds from an order I received after starting.

So far, haze 2.0 and critical 2.0 are looking the best (biggest and healthiest)

The amnesia blue XXL has had a bit of trauma as when transplanting I broke of a decent amount of the root by accident but carried on anyway hoping for the best, and a couple of days later my dog decided to step on it! But I did what I could and it's still growing. But even from germination before those problems the leaves were growing deformed. If anyone can chime in and give me any info on this id appreciate it. Im hoping as it grows it will sort itself out. I will post pictures when I get home after work to go along with this thread so you can see what I mean.

In terms of lighting I'll be using the beautiful Spanish sun, they get direct sun from 11:00 to 20:00 but I do not have a better place for longer exposure. I just have to accept that as myself best option!

But anyway, I'll keep this up to date as I progress and show you what comes of my first grow!

Hello everyone, so I recently moved to Spain and decided it was probably about time to try having a go at growing my own instead of paying rip off prices like you would get back in the UK! Admittedly it is cheaper here but still... If I can grow my own why not?!

So I've decided to grow outdoors and Im about two weeks into my grow now, I've been reading through this forum since before I started but only just joined to put my experience up and see if anyone can offer me some advice. So please do send any comments my way good or bad

As I said growing outdoors, strains used are

2x Dinafem Critical 2.0 auto (freebies from local grow shop)
Dinafem Haze 2.0 auto
Dinafem Sour Diesel
Dinafem Amnesia Blue XXL
2x Mantanuska photoperiods (freebies from online store)

So after lots of reading I decided to grow using 10l smart pots (white fabric ones).
Coco pellets (unbranded jiffy type things) to germinate seedlings in then transplanted to 10l pots.

Will be using Biobizz light mix soil with Fish Mix, Bloom and Topmax at half recommended dosage to play it safe.

I forgot to track the date of germination so I am estimating it at beginning of third week, some are behind as I got the Mantanuska seeds from an order I received after starting.

So far, haze 2.0 and critical 2.0 are looking the best (biggest and healthiest)

The amnesia blue XXL has had a bit of trauma as when transplanting I broke of a decent amount of the root by accident but carried on anyway hoping for the best, and a couple of days later my dog decided to step on it! But I did what I could and it's still growing. But even from germination before those problems the leaves were growing deformed. If anyone can chime in and give me any info on this id appreciate it. Im hoping as it grows it will sort itself out. I will post pictures when I get home after work to go along with this thread so you can see what I mean.

In terms of lighting I'll be using the beautiful Spanish sun, they get direct sun from 11:00 to 20:00 but I do not have a better place for longer exposure. I just have to accept that as myself best option!

But anyway, I'll keep this up to date as I progress and show you what comes of my first grow!
Lots of indirect light though! Good luck.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

20180525_205851.jpg

Attachments

• 20180525_205856.jpg
    20180525_205856.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 314
Lots of indirect light though! Good luck.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
This is true! We live on the side a mountain so the morning sun creeps over our house at 11.00 and then dips behind another mountain at 20:00 if we lived at the top we'd be laughing! But I'll take the beautiful view we have and call it quits

order of pictures...

Critical + 2.0
Blue amnesia XXL
Mantanuska
Same blue amnesia XXL
2nd critical + 2.0
Haze 2.0

In the little tubs at the back... Mantanuska (left) and sour diesel (right). Sadly the sour diesel just wasn't happy, took ages to germinate and didn't grow at all after germing so I pulled it out just now. The root was very thin where it joined the stem and sort of just wobbled around. Bad luck or poor handling on my behalf I'm guessing

So as I previously mentioned the blue amnesia XXL has some really weird leaves almost like something has taken a big bite out of them, but they were like that from sprouting but they look healthy otherwise, green and growing.. so I'm hoping for the best. Does anyone know what this might be?

Back