Indoor Flood and Drain - Mostly Sativa in Rockwool Hydroponics

have you considered cutting lights to 11 or 10hrs on? people say it cuts stretch and promotes flower, like it tricks the plant to "get while the gettins good"

plants lookin kiiilllllllllller just seein your concern on maybe runnin outta space. that hydro system is DIALED IN!!! super vigorous growth, reminds me of Magic: The Gathering

Explosive Vegetation

0B29552B-8BD1-43DA-9D0B-D6635FF35219.jpeg

have you considered cutting lights to 11 or 10hrs on? people say it cuts stretch and promotes flower, like it tricks the plant to "get while the gettins good"

plants lookin kiiilllllllllller just seein your concern on maybe runnin outta space. that hydro system is DIALED IN!!! super vigorous growth, reminds me of Magic: The Gathering

Explosive Vegetation

View attachment 1476352
Hahaha, I've been looking for a way to describe the feeling every time I check on them, I think you nailed it! For sure I'm thinking I should cut on the lighting hours, I should have done it a while back when I started running out of space, but I wasn't sure if it would help since I'm still pretty new and have always done 24h on. Awesome to hear that it cuts the stretch. Will be very helpful on future grows as well! Thanks dude!

Day 33 update! Today they got some defoliation since the past week they really grew out of control. They are stretching straight up even with relatively aggressive light settings. They are flowering a little slowly, I think they still want to grow. Every day I check they're an inch taller, I can't raise my lights much higher! I'm giving them more bloom and less grow nutrients, hoping they take the hint.

For those that haven't tried a system like this, I'd have to say it's pretty awesome. It uses so much less water than watering to runoff with coco (like my other grow), and it's all self-contained (not like my other grow). Big thanks again to 420autoflower, I think I'm officially converted.

View attachment 1476335View attachment 1476336

After some defoliation
View attachment 1476337
View attachment 1476338
Wow! Welcome to the jungle!
Doing a great job in there buddy… everything is doing very well. :thumbsup:
Keep up he good work, you’re making it look so easy.

Day 43 update. I did some schwazzing to them about a week ago and worked on getting a couple nets in there since then since they all shot straight up. I should have trained them much much sooner and they may have grown out wider. Loving the system though, still just changing out the water once a week with the new week's feeding schedule. They love the same water all week I can't believe it, my coco drain to waste is feeling like I should reuse the waste water a couple times before dumping it. Might try it as an experiment sometime.

Day 36
Before schwazzing
PXL_20220625_184633983.jpg

Day 36
After schwazzing
PXL_20220625_224710338.jpg

Day 43, 1 week after schwazzing. Added 2 scrog nets to control the canopy height. I was very clumsy and lost a few branches. If you see some bent branches in here I wouldn't be surprised.
PXL_20220702_210559900.jpg

Day 43 lower half
PXL_20220702_210630838.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220625_224710338.jpg
    PXL_20220625_224710338.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 14
Back