Mephisto Genetics Grape Crush

tonight i checked them after about a week of hanging between 50-62% rh and a steady 62 degrees. it's very dry here and difficult to maintain the rh even with humidifers going without going over.

trimming the first plant, which had the smaller buds, i ended up with 78g. when trimming it had a very gassy nose, with hints of grape and a floral, almost lavender scent at times. i think it smells really good.

unfortunately, while trimming the second plant, which was 3-4oz, the main colas had mold on the inside by the stem. so i tossed the whole plant out of caution. there was no evidence of the mold on the outside but the colas were very thick. i think this was because of two reasons- i cooked the sugar leaves with too high of a dli, causing them to die into the buds, and my fan died in flower so it would only give a thin breeze. very disappointing.

now, i'm not sure if i will smoke the first plant, i am worried about mold contamination. i'll let it cure a week or two and examine it with a shop light to see if i notice anything shooting out when i break it up. i've never dealt with this before so i'm not sure what to do.

for my next run, i will drop the rh to 50% in flower, and try to keep generally healthier plants, as well as increasing the airflow on my fan. thanks for following along, everyone, i have some nice pics of the plants to post at some point.

next run will be mango smile or sour stomper.

tonight i checked them after about a week of hanging between 50-62% rh and a steady 62 degrees. it's very dry here and difficult to maintain the rh even with humidifers going without going over.

trimming the first plant, which had the smaller buds, i ended up with 78g. when trimming it had a very gassy nose, with hints of grape and a floral, almost lavender scent at times. i think it smells really good.

unfortunately, while trimming the second plant, which was 3-4oz, the main colas had mold on the inside by the stem. so i tossed the whole plant out of caution. there was no evidence of the mold on the outside but the colas were very thick. i think this was because of two reasons- i cooked the sugar leaves with too high of a dli, causing them to die into the buds, and my fan died in flower so it would only give a thin breeze. very disappointing.

now, i'm not sure if i will smoke the first plant, i am worried about mold contamination. i'll let it cure a week or two and examine it with a shop light to see if i notice anything shooting out when i break it up. i've never dealt with this before so i'm not sure what to do.

for my next run, i will drop the rh to 50% in flower, and try to keep generally healthier plants, as well as increasing the airflow on my fan. thanks for following along, everyone, i have some nice pics of the plants to post at some point.

next run will be mango smile or sour stomper.
Sorry to hear about the mold. Cant wait to see your pics. My Grape Crush is about a week or two out from harvest.
Cheers
Os

Sorry to hear about the mold. Cant wait to see your pics. My Grape Crush is about a week or two out from harvest.
Cheers
Os
hey no worries! learned a lot this run. i did take a half ounce of the plant that didn't have mold to the laboratory that tests my state's medical program. the tech there was super helpful and explained that every homegrow he's ever tested has mold or other microbial activity, but he will run a microbial panel and let me know how it compares to the average load for what he's seen before.

the lab also does cannabinoid and terpene testing, but since it's a bit expensive, i decided that i won't treat myself to that until i have a really good grow to show with the results.

hope your plants come out great! looking forward to seeing them as well. i think grape crush is a winner.

hey no worries! learned a lot this run. i did take a half ounce of the plant that didn't have mold to the laboratory that tests my state's medical program. the tech there was super helpful and explained that every homegrow he's ever tested has mold or other microbial activity, but he will run a microbial panel and let me know how it compares to the average load for what he's seen before.

the lab also does cannabinoid and terpene testing, but since it's a bit expensive, i decided that i won't treat myself to that until i have a really good grow to show with the results.

hope your plants come out great! looking forward to seeing them as well. i think grape crush is a winner.
I take personal samples to the lab every so often for potency and sometimes terpene tests. I’ve never had the microbial done, but have no reason to suspect anything. They do half price for personal samples, compared to commercial samples. They don’t have to do the extensive paper trail with personal samples. The guys at the lab said it’s really fun doing personal samples. One time I was checking in 3 samples for potency and he got a whiff of one strain and said “hey I have a special today, you can get a terpene test free on this one if you like”. I was tickled. The terps came back at 3.71 % total.
It’s so nice to know exactly what my weed is. Not what so and so got when they tested it. I don’t mind spending $70 to know how I did.
The initial moisture content should be on the test. That’s worth noting relative to how your actual drying/curing process Is going.
Nothing to do with grow side, but it’s still nice to know.
cheers
os

Back