Mephisto Genetics Grape Crush

jmattson

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
haven't seen much about this one yet, so I'm going to document my run here.

popped 11.24
AC 2x3 tent
HLG 200rspec light
ph'd tap water
Vornado VC100 inside the tent for humidity, Venta Airwasher in the room for extra help (it's really dry here in winter)
AC fan
pro 69 controller to help with vpd
2x 3 gallon pots
soil is Build a Soil 3.0 in the bottom 80% of the pot, topped with Happy Frog for the seedling in the top 20%, with a little cup-sized divot for more HF directly under the seed.
plan on using Dr Earth Flower Girl sometime around day 25 or so, with further dry amendments depending on how the plant looks. Recharge now and then.

My last run was my first indoor and I got 1.75oz off of two Sour Stompers. The bud smells great but is really small, and I struggled with several different things.

What I'm doing different this time:

-packed the soil in the pots (once it dried back it was more like 2gal in the last run), and wetted it with a half gallon of tap water to saturate the medium. Let it sit for four hours before adding the seeds.
-no grow dots - I top dressed with them and they caused bad n tox, causing all of my fans to die off after I had reuptake issues. No Tiger Bloom - I was just trying shit out by the time my plants had a bad deficiency. Instead trying a simple dry amendment and sticking to the plan.
-phing water with Apera pen - I didn't do this until like day 40 something in my last run, and I think I had ph issues by then. My tap water is like 8.3
-being more mindful of early watering in the first two weeks. I put humidity domes on top and won't mess around worrying if they're too dry.
-trying acinfinity self watering bases

new challenge- it's cold and dry. can expect my tent to be 70-75 degrees instead of 80-85 degrees. will have to keep the humidifiers cranking not to dry out the room.

Last edited:

popped 11.24
AC 2x3 tent
HLG 200rspec light
ph'd tap water
Vornado VC100 inside the tent for humidity, Venta Airwasher in the room for extra help (it's really dry here in winter)
AC fan
2x 3 gallon pots
soil is Build a Soil 3.0 in the bottom 80% of the pot, topped with Happy Frog for the seedling in the top 20%, with a little cup-sized divot for more HF directly under the seed.
plan on using Dr Earth Flower Girl sometime around day 25 or so, with further dry amendments depending on how the plant looks. Recharge now and then.

My last run was my first indoor and I got 1.75oz off of two Sour Stompers. The bud smells great but is really small, and I struggled with several different things.

-packed the soil in the pots (once it dried back it was more like 2gal in the last run), and wetted it with a half gallon of tap water to saturate the medium. Let it sit for four hours before adding the seeds.
-no grow dots - I top dressed with them and they caused bad n tox, causing all of my fans to die off after I had reuptake issues. No Tiger Bloom - I was just trying shit out by the time my plants had a bad deficiency. Instead trying a simple dry amendment and sticking to the plan.
-phing water with Apera pen - I didn't do this until like day 40 something in my last run, and I think I had ph issues by then. My tap water is like 8.3
-being more mindful of early watering in the first two weeks. I put humidity domes on top and won't mess around worrying if they're too dry.

new challenge- it's cold and dry. can expect my tent to be 70-75 degrees instead of 80-85 degrees. will have to keep the humidifiers cranking not to dry out the room.
You might be ok. My tent never gets to 80 even in the summer and the plants do fine, humidity on the other hand, I do have to give that a boost in the winter. At least until flower.

I got some of these as a freebie couple weeks ago. Interested to see how you make out with them. I'm typically in the mid 70s myself, so I don't expect it to give you much trouble as long as you can keep the VPD is a good place.

popped 11.24
AC 2x3 tent
HLG 200rspec light
ph'd tap water
AC fan
2x 3 gallon pots

-trying acinfinity self watering bases

With a soil grow and using dry amendments, it may prove challenging to get very big healthy plants in 3 gal containers.
I think the lower temps are ok, but you may have slightly slower growth.
One thing to know about dry meal type organic amendments is that the cooler the soil, the harder it is for the plant to take up certain nutrients, especially Phosphorous. If you have a cold floor, its well worth it to put insulating foam under the pots, or for best results under the whole tent. I run heat mats under my pots all winter.
Im starting a Grape Crush in a few days, so I will be watching how your grow goes.
Cheers
Os

One thing to know about dry meal type organic amendments is that the cooler the soil, the harder it is for the plant to take up certain nutrients, especially Phosphorous. If you have a cold floor, its well worth it to put insulating foam under the pots, or for best results under the whole tent. I run heat mats under my pots all winter.
It's actually the bennies that aren't converting the dry amendments into directly absorbable nutrients at those lower temperatures. But for that to happen soil temperatures need to go below 6°C/43°F. Anyway, installing a heatpad underneath the pots is always a good idea for them colder days ;)

both popped up on d4. one had helmet head but fell off by itself after i added a drop of water.
d4 watered 100ml in a circle around the seedling to try to get the top roots to stretch out.
d7 watered 150ml the same way.
a "heat wave" here - about 40 degrees outside. so my tent has been in the low 80s with low 60s rh. so far so good. i am a little worried about the topsoil drying out.
so far so good - just need to get watering dialed in for the next week or two.

Attachments

• gc.jpg
    gc.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
both popped up on d4. one had helmet head but fell off by itself after i added a drop of water.
d4 watered 100ml in a circle around the seedling to try to get the top roots to stretch out.
d7 watered 150ml the same way.
a "heat wave" here - about 40 degrees outside. so my tent has been in the low 80s with low 60s rh. so far so good. i am a little worried about the topsoil drying out.
so far so good - just need to get watering dialed in for the next week or two.
If you're worried about the top drying out give it a good misting with a spray bottle every day. It wont hurt anything.

Back