Mephisto Genetics Grape Crush

d49
the plants look hungry although i did my first top dress about a month ago and the second top dress two weeks ago. if it continues, i do have some liquid nutrients (tiger bloom) that i can feed if necessary. had to do a lot of defoliation in the last week from sick leaves and feel a bit nervous the plants won't make it.

a lot of the issues are on top so i am wondering if there is some light stress exacerbating it - i am within the manufacturer's recommended height but i do run 24/0.

after recalibrating my ph pen i noticed that i was using way too much ph down and likely made the root zone acidic. hopefully i have this issue resolved.

i have been checking the reservoir in the self-watering bases and it seems fairly stable between 6-7 now. water comes out of my tap at 8.4 so it's not viable to just put in. i have also let it sit for 24 hours and then ph'd it with the same result.

buds are getting thick with fermented melon smells that are rather pleasant. not much grape right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
If you top dress you need beneficial life forms to convert that into usable food for the plants.
Have you been giving some bacterial/myco additive?
hello,

i have been giving them recharge about once a week. i did end up feeding them with a 1tsp each/gal of tiger bloom this morning because the deficiency was spreading to the green leaves.

Not sure if this is a deficiency per say. And as long as the nutrient balance is out of whack the problem will continue to spread. Even when balance is restored, until the plant metabolizes those nutrients the problem will spread. It takes weeks to bounce back from lockout of this magnitude especially so late into flower. Looks like you're pretty near the end too so I wouldnt sweat it too much. Just remember to calibrate your ph meter once a week if you are using it often, and recalibrate if it sits for a couple weeks unused too.

Plant nutrition has a steep learning curve, and the way Ive been combating it, cuz I still feel like im feeling around in the dark, so to speak, is to feed lighter. Taper off N gradually as preflowers start to form and take notes about what you did and how it affected the plant, ie, leaves getting darker/lighter/bluer, increase in purpling on stems, texture of foliage and where the yellowing starts. Wether its the top or the bottom of the plant makes a big difference on what might be lacking or in excess, that sort of thing. Then you can start cross checking physical symptoms with what you did and see if anything seems out of whack.

I would suggest seeing how different nutrients interact with eachother so you know if its an actual deficiency, or if another excess nute is locking something else out and thats why certain symptoms occur. More than likely for newer growers its an excess that locks something else out rather than there not being enough in the soil. Its probably there, just not available.

thank you for that advice. i definitely have a lot to learn, hoping i can get better at the ph end of things as well.
Dont fret, i still havent got a handle on nutrients and stuff yet either, dealing with a phosphorus or magnesium lock out right now, both have pretty similar symptoms, and I have no clue if Im handling it the right way. Probably over fed too. Its definitely a hard subject to grasp fully. But with practice comes progress

d49
the plants look hungry although i did my first top dress about a month ago and the second top dress two weeks ago. if it continues, i do have some liquid nutrients (tiger bloom) that i can feed if necessary. had to do a lot of defoliation in the last week from sick leaves and feel a bit nervous the plants won't make it.

a lot of the issues are on top so i am wondering if there is some light stress exacerbating it - i am within the manufacturer's recommended height but i do run 24/0.

after recalibrating my ph pen i noticed that i was using way too much ph down and likely made the root zone acidic. hopefully i have this issue resolved.

i have been checking the reservoir in the self-watering bases and it seems fairly stable between 6-7 now. water comes out of my tap at 8.4 so it's not viable to just put in. i have also let it sit for 24 hours and then ph'd it with the same result.

buds are getting thick with fermented melon smells that are rather pleasant. not much grape right now.
Looking really nice! It’s super challenging to grow organically the way you are in that small of a soil volume-keep up the good work. I’m pleased with my Grape Crush as well. Mine is a little behind ya age wise.
cheers
os

d56

based on the PAR testing of my light in this video : and the height of my light (about 16") i believe i might be giving my plants way too much DLI... i need to run the numbers again but i think that might be exacerbating my issues as well. i'm running it 24/0. the ppfd seems on point, but the DLI running around the clock is about 75! i think i should be running it 16 / 8 to get that sweet spot of 45 DLI. however, in the winter, my room is too cold for that, so i need to maybe just turn the light down a bit.

not much to report this week, just been defoliating as the dying leaves get close to the bud. started to watch the trichomes as the pistils are browning and getting some fade on the sugar leaves. even in another week would seem like an early finish but i'm going to keep an eye on it anyway. they're drinking from the bottom-watering base a gallon every two days.

the purplish one smells really good. the green one has a very muted smell right now, i'll be interested to see what comes out in the cure.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    720 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
d62

things have been a lot better since i turned my light down. tops are foxtailing which i think was from the light stress. some really big buds on these plants compared to what i've growed before, and great terps. definitely learned a lot for my next grow.

the plan now is just to keep and eye on the trichs and let it ripen a bit more. tonight when i refill the bases i'll defoliate the dying sugar leaves a bit more. they're still drinking a lot of water.

my acinfinity clip fan has died so it won't oscillate anymore, but if i keep it at the lowest speed it will weakly blow. they're sending me a replacement but won't be here until mid-feb so i've dropped the humidity to compensate.

great tropical fruit and grape smells coming from the plants.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
d69

the grape crushes will likely be coming down this weekend, i will check the trichomes one more time on sunday.

my light diffuser came and i was right, i was cooking the plants with 80+ dli at times for the first 58 days or so. lesson learned for the next run. haven't had any issues since i dropped them to 45-ish dli. if they weren't limping along on the sugar leaves i would try to push them even further. the trichs look about ready for me, the pistils are mostly brown. they do seem to be drinking still but i'll check the reservoir sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg