Grow Mediums GreenJeans' DWC Method

I had root problems in the beginning too. I did cure the root rot with physan 20 I believe it is called? I then discovered and used Zone for the rest of that grow. I ended up harvesting early, but I did save the plant. Since then, I have used The Gold Range Zone, and Even at the end of my grows, there is not a slick spot to be found in my res. It is as clean as the first day I filled it, with the exception of any gunk from the rocks.

Haha I actually used DM zone that whole grow and my problems still happened! I was pretty disappointed! I still have the bottle, haven't used it since as my first dwc grow was a year ago. I'm actually currently on my 2nd dwc grow and this time I'm trying bennies instead of sterile. It actually was something I had a hard time making a decision on lol. I figured if anything went wrong I could always use the zone to try and kill everything to fix it. ;D

No bother Green Jeans and thanks for doing the sticky Duggy.
I would have stickied it myself but didnt want to over step my moderating powers here on AFN.
@HotBunz you should post your information on a separate thread it might get more traffic that way.

No bother Green Jeans and thanks for doing the sticky Duggy.
I would have stickied it myself but didnt want to over step my moderating powers here on AFN.
@HotBunz you should post your information on a separate thread it might get more traffic that way.

No worries....I was not trying to post a tutorial. I was just expressing the dramatic differences between greenjeans "must haves" and other methods.

Excellent and informative post greenjeans. I will be trying DWC with a waterfarm in a few weeks and this information is spot on with what nutes (DM zone and GH) I'm using and everything. Thanks man

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Nice read..i do it pretty close to this..n i agree once you understand chemicals a lil there isnt much need for tds meter.only thing i disagree a lil with is checking ph everyday or even every 2 days.these plants take up differnt nutes at differnt ph's..u want it to fluctuate threw the zone..i change my totes once a wk in i set it intially n leave it alone till i change again.but def def a great read

Current grow with this method, in week 7. (sub in if you like, link in my signature)
20170211_152835-1.jpg

Great article, thanks for posting it. I can see how it would be an effective method. Have you monitored your pH/ppm to see how much it changes over the course of a week? I agree on running sterile. I switched after my first run and never looked back. I've run UC Roots as my agent but now use diluted Clorox. Same active ingredient as UC Roots, hypochlorous acid.

I don't monitor PPM at all, but my PH is all over the place on my last couple of grows. I Hate it. That's why I just bought the PH Perfect line. If it works for me I will be updating this method. It would be great if I could get it dialed in to a point where I don't monitor PPMs or PH at all. Simple is the goal.

To me it sounds like you might have over nuted them. Whenever I run into pH issues that's usually the cause. It would be interesting to see what yours are running.

Do you prune your roots at all?

Back