Seed Bank Greybeard Seeds

Ah, I dont do FB....never got into that......just a bit of Instagram once in awhile.

I don't see the point of NOT deleting this thread. Lesson learned, there are better seedbanks.

I don't see the point of NOT deleting this thread. Lesson learned, there are better seedbanks.

Because we don't typically delete threads just because they are "controversial." As long as controversial doesn't turn into trolling or fighting, it still offers insight and experiences about a topic. :pighug:

Because we don't typically delete threads just because they are "controversial." As long as controversial doesn't turn into trolling or fighting, it still offers insight and experiences about a topic.
I hope it won't become necessary to delete this thread, it is really important and valuable that we have a place to warn our fellow growers when something is just not right out there. Hopefully others will do a better job of listening than I did.

I had for a long time been looking for Dutch Passion Cinderella Jack from a US source. I finally found it on Greybeard's site. I read the reviews about the company, and it seemed that most of the complaints were that either they sold seeds that were not what they claimed to be, or they actually swapped out seeds from breeder packages and replaced them with other seeds. Having purchased DP seeds before and knowing they were double sealed, worst case scenario, at least I would know if something was wrong. I also read that they do not store seeds well, but I was aware that these were fresh shipments that they did not have for very long. And finally, I did read some positive reviews, don't underestimate the power of confirmation bias. Sometimes in decision making we put extra weight on the data that supports what we want to believe is true. I rolled the dice and placed an order. They only had 3 packs, so I ordered two.

What I received was one 3 pack of Cindy Jack, and one of Auto Duck. He has not responded to my email or phone messages. What I forgot is that an inherently dishonest person will always find a way to rip you off. Kind of like the old story about the scorpion and the frog. If he simply does nothing, I don't think there is anything that I can do. My bad, I was desperate to get those seeds and I made a bad call.

What's incredibly stupid, is that I've spent an embarrassing amount of money in the last year on a slightly out of control obsession with buying seeds, and had Greybeard been an honest business person, they could have had my business for years. Instead, they made maybe $20 in profit off of me, they'll never see me again, and they created another bad customer experience. I hope others will be smarter than I was and listen to the complaints about this company. Just walk away, it's not worth it.

mistakesdemotivator.jpg

...and as final irony, a week after this purchase my favorite super reliable seed bank restocked DP. I wish I had known that was coming.

Wow, just reread what I posted before, I was pissed off. Nothing quite like feeling you've been ripped off and you should've known better.

Full disclosure update: Robin Curtiss from Greybeard eventually contacted me by email and subsequently did send the missing seeds from my original order. Dutch Passion container appears to be in original untampered condition. Into the fridge for now, in another six weeks I'll see if they pop.

There are a lot of good sources for seeds, I'm sorry I became part of the drama around one of the more dubious ones. Moving on now....

I'm not sorry. Your experience with them is par for the course and people need to hear it.

Thank you.

Just browsing On a Friday night and wanted to add my own personal experience with this seed bank. It’s only been positive every time I’ve ordered everything I’ve ordered has always come fast it’s always been exactly what I ordered and I’m nothing but satisfied. I’m not sure about the switching seeds but the cookies from their private reserve was one of my favorite plants I ever grew and I’m sad that he took it down for whatever reason he did I would love to buy some more of those seeds.

Just browsing On a Friday night and wanted to add my own personal experience with this seed bank. It’s only been positive every time I’ve ordered everything I’ve ordered has always come fast it’s always been exactly what I ordered and I’m nothing but satisfied. I’m not sure about the switching seeds but the cookies from their private reserve was one of my favorite plants I ever grew and I’m sad that he took it down for whatever reason he did I would love to buy some more of those seeds.
That’s good to know I’m growing that out right now❗ I love her structure. Were there a lot of different phenos❓
FC876344-B461-446B-88A2-A2354E1906D9.jpeg
916F5627-1594-40AA-AD93-47CCB2AB1953.jpeg

That’s good to know I’m growing that out right now❗ I love her structure. Were there a lot of different phenos❓ View attachment 1305836View attachment 1305837
I have grown 3 of the 5 seeds and they all look like your plant besides the fact that I top the plants and keep them shorter. Always get the same sweet smell from the plate I’m sad I only have 8 of the seeds left , I plan on growing a mother of this in the fall .

Back