Grow Battles - What Do We Need to Fix or Change?

Back again with one more comment. Can't believe I forgot to mention something very important to me: visibility to a gladiator's battle history/stats. The only reason I know that I've done 38 battles over the past 36 months is because I log them in the "Grow Battles I Have Completed" area of the Account Details page (and of course in my own private spreadsheets). But none of this is visible to the AFN grower community, and certainly not to vendors, breeders, etc. I'm not looking for prizes for wins (as someone said earlier, the prize is what's curing in the Mason Jars). But I am looking for standing, ranking, credit, reputation, etc.

Currently, as I browse around the threads and journals, I can perceive no distinction between a Gladiator whose just starting versus a veteran whose done dozens of battles, and no way to tell how many times one of my colleagues has achieved a win-place-or-show in a grow competition. If this was readily visible in the area under the avatar of a member's posts (where we see counts of likes & posts, etc), then I would be a happy camper.

I sense the problem here is two fold; the current software/programming may not have a means to display this info, and, second and more important, I suspect that AFN currently has no means of tracking and logging this info.

I don't know how tough if would be to get this visibility in the system, but I do know that without it, a huge incentive to participate in battles is missing (for me at least).
They use to have levels for the gladiators maybe bring this back again it was one of the reasons I did some battles last year was to move up thr levels

They use to have levels for the gladiators maybe bring this back again it was one of the reasons I did some battles last year was to move up thr levels
Back again with one more comment. Can't believe I forgot to mention something very important to me: visibility to a gladiator's battle history/stats. The only reason I know that I've done 38 battles over the past 36 months is because I log them in the "Grow Battles I Have Completed" area of the Account Details page (and of course in my own private spreadsheets). But none of this is visible to the AFN grower community, and certainly not to vendors, breeders, etc. I'm not looking for prizes for wins (as someone said earlier, the prize is what's curing in the Mason Jars). But I am looking for standing, ranking, credit, reputation, etc.

Currently, as I browse around the threads and journals, I can perceive no distinction between a Gladiator whose just starting versus a veteran whose done dozens of battles, and no way to tell how many times one of my colleagues has achieved a win-place-or-show in a grow competition. If this was readily visible in the area under the avatar of a member's posts (where we see counts of likes & posts, etc), then I would be a happy camper.

I sense the problem here is two fold; the current software/programming may not have a means to display this info, and, second and more important, I suspect that AFN currently has no means of tracking and logging this info.

I don't know how tough if would be to get this visibility in the system, but I do know that without it, a huge incentive to participate in battles is missing (for me at least).

This is being worked on guys for next round. I've offered to speak to each Gladiator involved before the start of next round and can assign ranks based on what each can link me too. @Son of Hobbes have you had any more thoughts on it?

Mentioned this earlier too but you put it in words way better than me!

This is being worked on guys for next round. I've offered to speak to each Gladiator involved before the start of next round and can assign ranks based on what each can link me too. @Son of Hobbes have you had any more thoughts on it?
Great idea! It was Mossy we gotta talk to previously. I heard auntie is dealing with illness that comes and go. Probably not a good idea to further burden her condition.

That's exactly what I mean . Is it part of the gladiator deal to be constantly tagged with every sale a seed company offers ? It's like spam mail. From my perspective we collaborate with venders and do seeds for journals. I didn't know we were obligated to more.

When a competition is won by the most likes on a post, do you see how it's an unfair advantage to use the gladiator tag to pull a ton of viewers to your post ? I'm not going to point fingers but it's happened and that person won a large prize package. We all have a tendency here on AFN to naturally smash that like button.
I've messaged any grower now who uses this gladiator tag as growers keep tagging folks gets them super pissed as it was never meant for growers to use but we need vendors to use it or staff for setting up battles also @HighnDry is trying to fix the levels so each year you will get a new rank etc considering how many grows journals etc you have done so big thanks to him :bighug:

Back