What do you want to see on AFN going forward?

I've seen some chat add-ons that offer white boards (software that would replace the existing LIVE messaging you see at the bottom of the screen,) and it's something we could look into, but I guarantee that it's going to turn into a constant battle of erasing weiners and boobies drawn on it when no one is around.

Yeah, there is the possibility of vulgar content, but that is always true. Take a look at how well you all have kept a great vibe here!

I am not a programmer or sysadmin etc so I don't know what can be done. Maybe I'm a dreamer...
Some ideas, if they are even possible:

Each post could have a whiteboard, maybe grouped with the other image functions. Collaboration could be turned on or off by the poster. Anyone in that thread can collaborate.

Each thread or forum has a whiteboard at the bottom, I see potential bottlenecks here.

KISS the markers. (Trust me) Stick with rgbk and limit to 2 thicknesses. Have a spot eraser not a stroke eraser. Don't bother with stamps

So if this was implemented, nearly all AFN collected content, the knowledge base, would disappear? Only larger "content posts" would have the option of remaining, and most posts before and after these posts would be gone?

If content must be dumped to save on storage, it seems very feasible to totally trash such things as threads about now-legacy products, such as lights, nutes, seeds and fans no longer marketed; threads for defunct seed sellers; threads considered by an editor or committee as not all that informative (nothing lost) and/or with better coverage of the topic in later threads or elsewhere; etc.
Sometimes there's a nugget in all that muck....

I was just wiping the noseprints from my tablet (thats a lie) when I realised I want larger text to read. Truth.
🕶️
I like the sans serif fonts, thank you for that :thanks:

I would trade some of the left panel where the avatar are, for slightly larger text. Or have a choice of s,m,l text.

Something to consider now or when available AI is ready: Have AI summarize/outline grow reports. These reports are fairly consistent in content, presentation, progress from sprouting through harvest, etc. such that an AI should now or soon enough be able to summarize/outline grows (along with pictures) rather well.

I was just wiping the noseprints from my tablet (thats a lie) when I realised I want larger text to read. Truth.
🕶️
I like the sans serif fonts, thank you for that :thanks:

I would trade some of the left panel where the avatar are, for slightly larger text. Or have a choice of s,m,l text.

You can do that already through your preferences Click on your name at the top of screen then go to preferences

1710535543681.png

Something easily fixed right now: AFN should be neutral and not appear to promote or favor any particular form of cannabis consumption.

For ex., get rid of the very annoying "Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" and "Currently Smoking:..." captions regularly appearing in the side profiles with every posting. This has often appeared under my name, and I haven't smoked in over 30 years (vs. dry herb vaping) and have a negative view of smoking/combustion with its known long term health risks).

Maybe change the caption to "Consume Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" or something not so specific as "smoke." Or even better get rid of these somewhat inane software filled-in captions and only include any written/selected by the member.

Maybe change the caption to "Consume Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" or something not so specific as "smoke."

thoze are simply default captionz & can be changed at any time in ur preferencez to say whatever u want it to say....jus sayin ;) ppp

Something easily fixed right now: AFN should be neutral and not appear to promote or favor any particular form of cannabis consumption.

For ex., get rid of the very annoying "Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" and "Currently Smoking:..." captions regularly appearing in the side profiles with every posting. This has often appeared under my name, and I haven't smoked in over 30 years (vs. dry herb vaping) and have a negative view of smoking/combustion with its known long term health risks).

Maybe change the caption to "Consume Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" or something not so specific as "smoke." Or even better get rid of these somewhat inane software filled-in captions and only include any written/selected by the member.
91343103-01A8-4D12-967C-233E483A5E21.gif

Gathered and collated the general responses thus far:

1. Raffles - Lil Dab suggestion

2. Grow of the Month - Farmer Jake

3. Increasing Membership - Wildbill

4. AFN business cards or fliers - Jpkindbud

5. More Grow n Show's - Bob's Autos

6. Seed Trading - MesaBoogie

7. Harvest of the Month - Greengo

8. AFN Subscriptions (merch, seeds, optional and not required) - Norby

9. Fish & Chips Every Friday - hecno

10. Keeping threads for breeding for more than 1-2 years - JP1

11. More lighting companies - Del Boy

12. Forums specific to cultivation methods, ie: organic/living soil; coco; soil; hydroponics, Tag clouds, Reinvigorate the "let food be thy medicine", extraction, and cannabis cookery forums, And I second the motion for fish and chips - Vitaman

13. Manufacturers running contests, doing the voting - Vitaman

14. Recipe sharing (medical, non-medical,) repository or forum for empiracal research, a place to review or discuss smoking/vaping/processing paraphenalia. - Vitaman

15. Beginners guide for pressing rosin - JpKindBud

16. Whiteboard - Vitaman

17. Better coverage/including of AFN on search engines - BII

18. Dedicated area for organic recipes or soil recipes - Hotfire

19. Seed exchange. Cleaner/less feature-laden platfrom - CannabisMingus

20. Option for content to be automaticed deleted or removed after 30 days from when it was posted - Norby

21. recognize and give priority to it being a knowledge base and valuable reference source - BII

22. Monetize our IG account - FarmerJake

23. Donation bar - DABaracuss

24. Mushroom forum - oldham

25. consider shrinking the size/resolution/DPI of older/legacy graphics to a minimal but still useful level. - BII

26. I want larger text to read - Vitaman

27. Something to consider now or when available AI is ready: Have AI summarize/outline grow reports. These reports are fairly consistent in content, presentation, progress from sprouting through harvest, etc. such that an AI should now or soon enough be able to summarize/outline grows (along with pictures) rather well. - BII

28. AFN should be neutral and not appear to promote or favor any particular form of cannabis consumption.

Maybe change the caption to "Consume Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN" or something not so specific as "smoke." Or even better get rid of these somewhat inane software filled-in captions and only include any written/selected by the member. - BII

29. More freebies

Back