I'm still waiting on the Purple Nuggets to finish up! Trichs are cloudy, but no amber yet! PPMs have b5een between 500 - 600 and the humidity has been around 50%. Here's a pic! :headbang:

DSC01596.JPG

Btw, the Psychofruit is curing up and I recently done a test and she's pretty strong. No weight yet, but I figure between 3 and 4 zips! :headbang:

Not much to report as I'm still waiting on the 2 Purple Nuggets to finish. Trichs are still clear to cloudy and their feed has been cut way back to 350 PPMs. :headbang:

DSC01610.JPG

Hello Everyone,

Insufficient plume. I would suggest a larger container and flood and drain. Insufficient plume is a common problem with drip irrigation. I would pull all of the yellow leaves. The plants look good.

Karma Up

Okay I did that automatically with the leaves. I did do a flood, just to get it nice and wet all over, and it responded well. No new discoloration. I also found one of the drip lines had been pulled up a bit on the insertion hose, so it was backing out of the tube, and not draining in like the other one. Fixed that.

I'm still waiting on the Purple Nuggets to finish up! Trichs are cloudy, but no amber yet! PPMs have b5een between 500 - 600 and the humidity has been around 50%. Here's a pic! :headbang:

View attachment 1000992

Btw, the Psychofruit is curing up and I recently done a test and she's pretty strong. No weight yet, but I figure between 3 and 4 zips! :headbang:

I really dig the color on them plants.

I got some flowering coming in now. I wish I had the plant in the bigger tent to start, she would have been huge. I cannot see any problems now at this point, the nutrients, and water is all the same for my flowering regimen as it was before.

Dutch Pro Nutrients. R/O water at about 55ppm, after nutes at about 550 ppm. PH at 5.8 most of the time, give or take a point.

This is actually the best plant in my tent that is Non Autoflowering, all the others are having nitrogen issues.

IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG

I would really have loved to see how growpito does in autopots.
I am thinking of taking the plunge into a 4 pot autopot system and growpito as the medium sounds really interesting with the megacrop nutrients I run. It seems like it would all be extremely efficient and more hands off. However, I am still newer and only 9 strains into my grow career. As a result, I would love to see how some of the more veteran growers do with this combo since I have seen some various issues with components of the system which makes me weary (like MC not always properly mixing in an autopot system and clogging it). I saw the tragedy that happened with Ripper but if anyone else has pictures of an autopot + growpito setup (+bonus points if using MegaCrop!) please post them or point me in the right direction. Thank you!

I'll add something for anyone intending to top feed this medium.

From my previous grow with this medium and heavy research into Rockwool and commercial use of various types of hydroponic Rockwool I found two errors in my grow and one was stated on Growpito's website.

The first mistake was pot size. I used 1 gallon pots with a DTW setup and essentially they ended up root bound, frequent untraceable issues and overall a decreased yield from this small pot. As Growpito does, I also suggest 3-5 gallon pots.

The second mistake was my watering practices. I never ever overwatered this medium when I treated it like a coco DTW. The mistake was in assuming I should treat it like coco. Since its technically Rockwool, from my research, plants do not thrive to their full potential when the medium remains saturated after every watering. Many suggest a longer than usual watering at lights on then smaller frequent feedings throughout the day. Plants, from my research again, thrive in Rockwool when it's allowed to dry up to 75% because the roots can get all the oxygen/ nutrients contained in the fibers. This leads to why Growpito says you use less water and nutrients.

So my suggestion to anyone intending to top feed multiple times per day in this medium is the following. Have a valve or something that can regulate each individual drip line and in the process monitor water distribution ensuring the medium doesn't always remain wet. From what I've seen of Rockwool grows, 1-3 feedings seems adequate during veg but with a cycle timer you can add many small feedings especially during flowering but making sure the medium doesn't get soaked but neither dry. Some suggest, with Rockwool, that you allow the medium to dry during lights off and at the beginning of lights on adding a 2x your regular length watering followed by various smaller feedings. Runoff from the first feeding seems to be the consensus with half the water amount for the remaining feeds during the day.

This will limit algae growth also. Mind you that Growpito only suggest flood and drain anyway.

Me vs 00 Seeds Autos CocoDTW600w

Last edited:
I would really have loved to see how growpito does in autopots.
I am thinking of taking the plunge into a 4 pot autopot system and growpito as the medium sounds really interesting with the megacrop nutrients I run. It seems like it would all be extremely efficient and more hands off. However, I am still newer and only 9 strains into my grow career. As a result, I would love to see how some of the more veteran growers do with this combo since I have seen some various issues with components of the system which makes me weary (like MC not always properly mixing in an autopot system and clogging it). I saw the tragedy that happened with Ripper but if anyone else has pictures of an autopot + growpito setup (+bonus points if using MegaCrop!) please post them or point me in the right direction. Thank you!

I think this would do well in autopots.

My problem is I cannot feed them enough. I am gonna do another run of this, but in a less airated pot. Or maybe line the pot with some fabric.

The plant is doing well... still flowering, it is the Best plant in the tent as far as color. No issues with the LED, compared to the photo's in the same tent.

Feeding it the same, a gallon every two days with the Dutch Pro Nutes at 550 PPm and PH of 5.8

IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG

My eyes suck, sorry.

Just seeing if anyone likes this medium better than Coco? If you have experience with both, I would like to hear both sides of the fence. I love my Coco. But I am also always down for trying different approaches and experiments. I see the product looks like a Rockwoll substrate, not sure what the advantages are? To me, it looks like the MOST important thing is proper watering? I see potential for improper watering and I know they suggest Flood and drain? Bottom flood, like ebb n flo? Or would Halo Rings from top pack the medium down too much? Any suggestions on anything at all? Will Organic nutes work? Do you need Calmag? Thanks

I am still just fattening them up, doing the same with the 550 ppm and todays PH was 5.7

Everything else has been harvested in the tent. The plant is doing really good, just taking forever, I think it is the strain, but the Tahoe OG should not take this long. However, things do happen to the best of genetics.

IMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG
IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG

Just seeing if anyone likes this medium better than Coco? If you have experience with both, I would like to hear both sides of the fence. I love my Coco. But I am also always down for trying different approaches and experiments. I see the product looks like a Rockwoll substrate, not sure what the advantages are? To me, it looks like the MOST important thing is proper watering? I see potential for improper watering and I know they suggest Flood and drain? Bottom flood, like ebb n flo? Or would Halo Rings from top pack the medium down too much? Any suggestions on anything at all? Will Organic nutes work? Do you need Calmag? Thanks

I think it would work just like cocoa, feeding it as much as it can handle is my issue. I don't have time to water more than once a day, and every two days is more like it. If you are a good cocoa grower, I can see how this can work well for you with some dialing in. I do think the rings would be beneficial, I don't think you would have any problems with getting it TOO packed. You need ALL the nutrients you would use for cocoa. I am not sure on the organic nutes, you would have to ask Growpito I think.

Here are the final pics before chopping, finally, lol. But the buds are like concrete. She looks great, but is starting to fade, and smells piney/citrus.

IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

Back