Guano/EWC tea how-to

sounds like a good mix mate... yes... my "wiggly worms" earth worm castings states 1-0-0 so 1 part nitrogen.

organic teas and such definitely are much slower than "liquid nutes"

I find 5-7 days for organic nutes and liquid nutes I see response the next day or as little as 10 hours...

Quick question. Do you have separate teas for vegetive and flowering stages? Also, is this mix to diluted? should I use more nutrients per gallon on a mature plant?

1/2 cup earthworm castings
1.5 tbsp Hollands land o giants soluble humic acid
1.5 tbsp Hollands land o giants soluble seaweed powder
1 tsp indonesian bat guano
1.5 tsp of unsulphered molasses

Here's what I've been using along with some liquid karma and cal/mag.

Seedlings less than 1 month old nutrient tea mix

Mix 1 cup earthworm castings into 5 gallons of water to make the tea. Add 5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses.
Use it to water your seedlings with every 2nd or 3rd watering.

Veg mix-

1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
or
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)

(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)

Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.

To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Maxicrop or Neptune's Harvest liquid seaweed.
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses

Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:

2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)

(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)

Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.

To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Maxicrop or Neptune's Harvest liquid seaweed.
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering.

You can use queen size knee high nylon stockings for tea bags. 3 pair for a dollar at the dollar store. Tell 'em you use them for paint strainers. Put the recommended tea in the stocking, tie a loop knot in it and hang it in your tea bucket. The tea should look like a mud puddle. Agitate the bag in the water vigorously. An aquarium pump and air stone will dissolve oxygen into the solution and keep the good bacteria (microherd) alive and thriving. Let it bubble a day or two before you use it. If you find you are making too much tea and having to throw it out, use 2 1/2 gallons of water and cut the nute amount by half.

I like this. Will start a mix brewing tomorrow. Thanks autoflower.net

Hey Mr Piggy, do you aerate your water for some time, before you start adding things. Or is it ok to start the aeration as you are mixing in the ingredients, then letting it bubble all together for 12 plus hours. Getting ready to start my first organic grow this weekend, and was just curious. Got my air pump and air stone ready to go. One Love

I might try using the seedling tea for my lil one...Is it ok to use that tea with bio bizz light mix

Hey Mr Piggy, do you aerate your water for some time, before you start adding things. Or is it ok to start the aeration as you are mixing in the ingredients, then letting it bubble all together for 12 plus hours. Getting ready to start my first organic grow this weekend, and was just curious. Got my air pump and air stone ready to go. One Love

As long as the water has no chlorine or chloramine in it it's fine to start bubbling as you mix it up. That's what I do. Just make sure to stir the tea a few times a day, making sure to get down in the bottom corners of the bucket. I reach in with my hand at the start and break up all the molasses, otherwise it'll stay globby on the bottom. I also shake and squeeze the "tea bag" when I stir, I like to break up the PSB guano pellets.

I might try using the seedling tea for my lil one...Is it ok to use that tea with bio bizz light mix

I've never used bio bizz, but I don't see why not? I prefer to use teas with True Living Organic soil mixes, they really shine brightest when used together.

Just mixed this up using some organics and the General Organics lineup:

1ml Floralicious+
5ml bio marine
6ml bioweed
6ml biobud
2 large tspn of peruvian seabird guano
1.5tbspn of jamaican bat guano
1tbspn ffhf bone meal
2tspn molasses into 1.5 gallons of RO water, bubbled overnight.

my PAK in Sunshine #4 is failing...I've given two full strength feedings with the GO nutes and nothing's happening (been 10 days since I noticed fading, it's in like week 5 I believe). If this doesn't work I'm going to just start using chem nutes on her and try to salvage what I can from the plant...I'm not sure what's up, but the organic stuff does NOTHING in a peat based mix...totally stunted/weak plants.

As long as the water has no chlorine or chloramine in it it's fine to start bubbling as you mix it up. That's what I do. Just make sure to stir the tea a few times a day, making sure to get down in the bottom corners of the bucket. I reach in with my hand at the start and break up all the molasses, otherwise it'll stay globby on the bottom. I also shake and squeeze the "tea bag" when I stir, I like to break up the PSB guano pellets.

I've never used bio bizz, but I don't see why not? I prefer to use teas with True Living Organic soil mixes, they really shine brightest when used together.
A little trick i learned when i add molasses to my feed water,warm a couple ounces water in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add your molasses to that-the warmth dilutes it and then you can pour that into your feed water or nute tea brewer-it won't glob up that way.

fullauto said:
A little trick i learned when i add molasses to my feed water,warm a couple ounces water in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add your molasses to that-the warmth dilutes it and then you can pour that into your feed water or nute tea brewer-it won't glob up that way.

Sweet!

Just mixed this up using some organics and the General Organics lineup:

1ml Floralicious+
5ml bio marine
6ml bioweed
6ml biobud
2 large tspn of peruvian seabird guano
1.5tbspn of jamaican bat guano
1tbspn ffhf bone meal
2tspn molasses into 1.5 gallons of RO water, bubbled overnight.

my PAK in Sunshine #4 is failing...I've given two full strength feedings with the GO nutes and nothing's happening (been 10 days since I noticed fading, it's in like week 5 I believe). If this doesn't work I'm going to just start using chem nutes on her and try to salvage what I can from the plant...I'm not sure what's up, but the organic stuff does NOTHING in a peat based mix...totally stunted/weak plants.

What's the ph of your soil and what's the ph of the tea when you water? That's also a lot of stuff going into 1.5 gallons, are you sure it's not nute lockout?

Back