Hash from Kief?? Hot iron??

Reaction score
so harvest time left me with a substantial amount of trim and now I have shaken it down and have a Ziploc bag full of Kief.
how in the world am I supposed to press this into a ball of hash? I watched all the YouTube videos and I've spent a good six months trying to figure out the right technique. Are use mesh 120 then 96 and then 66. If that is not fine enough, I don't know what it is because it takes a good long time to get it through the 66 and it sure does look clean. Then parchment paper and the hot hair straightener iron was attempted; and it just doesn't seem to lock together. here's a pic after temps 270* and up to 340* for a moment even......
What am i doing wrong?
I watched the YouTube video with that guy named 'master blaster' and he uses "Isopropanol", (WTF is isopropanol? i KNOW he doesn't mean Isopropyl,right?) and he melts it down a little bit and then adds a shit ton of kief and then uses his hands to form it into a ball after the dry kief is mixed with a little bit of melted kief. Does this really work? I mean, seriously, I've seen videos in which people do things and explain things which do not happen,They obviously leave out steps, tell you that their plants are younger than they really are,and all
image.jpg

Last edited:
Following a tip I got on here or another website, might have been a youtube video I cant remember, I bought 1 of these, load it up and compress away
Amazon product

"I watched the YouTube video with that Canadian named 'master blaster' and he uses "Isopropanol", (WTF is isopropanol? i KNOW he doesn't mean Isopropyl,right?) and he melts it down a little bit and then adds a shit ton of kief and then uses his hands to form it into a ball after the dry kief is mixed with a little bit of melted kief. Does this really work? I mean, seriously, I've seen videos in which Canadians do things and explain things which do not happen,They obviously leave out steps, tell you that their plants are younger than they really are,and I consider them simply lies and misinformation."

"Isopropanol", (WTF is isopropanol? i KNOW he doesn't mean Isopropyl,right?)

ISO, AKA Isopropyl alcohol, AKA isopropanol, AKA 2-Hydroxypropane etc are one and the same thing. 99% USP grade is what you want to do extracts with.

My favourite way to make nice gummy black hash is to blend kief with honey oil and mix it up over mild heat in a pie plate on a pot of simmering water. About 4 -5g of kief to a gram of honey works pretty good tho can go higher on the kief portion. My finest screen for kief is 180µ and teh hash might be much more gummy using kief screened down to 66µ.

Hash02.JPG

Great stuff for doing hot knives with! I added almost 10 more grams of kief to that ball before it was just how I liked it and aging it makes it better.

Hash04.JPG

:peace:

• Love
Reactions: Bob's Auto's

St. Tom

that is beautifull

Bob's Auto's

Lovely. I bet that ball can't hold it's shape for long +++
"I watched the YouTube video with that Canadian named 'master blaster' and he uses "Isopropanol", (WTF is isopropanol? i KNOW he doesn't mean Isopropyl,right?) and he melts it down a little bit and then adds a shit ton of kief and then uses his hands to form it into a ball after the dry kief is mixed with a little bit of melted kief. Does this really work? I mean, seriously, I've seen videos in which Canadians do things and explain things which do not happen,They obviously leave out steps, tell you that their plants are younger than they really are,and I consider them simply lies and misinformation."

OP wants to make hash and that's for making oil which while still useful isn't the goal here. This link to the page with all their instructions for hash and oil has a bunch of methods for both.

:peace:

Back