Grow Mediums Have you gotten bugs in your worm castings?

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I'm gathering my grow medium ingredients for my next grow. I picked up a bag of worm castings. I have read a lot of things on the net about castings having root aphids and other bugs in them. This makes me think I should only use them for tea, my original idea was to top dress a cup or two of raw castings on top when its time to add my dry fertilizer every couple weeks.
Please share your experience with me, buggy stuff or not?

Last edited:
So far I didn't have any critter issue with the bag I ordered - I top dressed 2/3 times during veg and stretch, plants seemed to like it a lot ^^
Like you I plan to add compost tea for my next grow & I will also start my own worm mini farm :biggrin:

I'm gathering my grow medium ingredients for my next grow. I picked up a bag of worm castings. I have read a lot of things on the net about castings having root aphids and other bugs in them. This makes me think I should only use them for tea, my original idea was to top dress a cup or two of raw castings on top when its time to add my dry fertilizer every couple weeks.
Please share your experience with me, buggy stuff or not?

Yup...I Think mine come with Vine Weevils....... :headbang: ...I Followed instruction NOT to leave it uncovered....cover with at least an inch of normal compo......

I did.....still got vine weevils so I Think they come in it...

Which is a Bummer ...coz it is Good stuff.......:headbang:

Back