heat?

same here... i can almost watch the vigor pick up when i come down from say 7.0 to 6.5... drastic change!

well, in soil, really ideally 6.3 - 6.5.... the closer the better to 6.4... see the ph scale is actually quite confusing... every .1 on the scale is a 10X change... so if you went from 6.0 to 7.0... that a 100X change... thats should help you a little too... and glad to help bro! speed and safety for them!

JM

Thats not entirely true. The pH scale is logarithmic, yes, but pH 6 is ten times more acidic than 7, not 100. 5 is 100 times more than 7 and ect.

You guys are making the same point :D
The pH scale is logarithmic and as a result, each whole pH value below 7 is ten times more acidic than the next higher value. For example, pH 4 is ten times more acidic than pH 5 and 100 times (10 times 10) more acidic than pH 6. The same holds true for pH values above 7, each of which is ten times more alkaline (another way to say basic) than the next lower whole value. For example, pH 10 is ten times more alkaline than pH 9 and 100 times (10 times 10) more alkaline than pH 8.

The point being that PH is important.. We don't need to really split hairs, on how many "times" more it is.. In all honesty i thought it was more than 100 myself..

Cheers fellas.

my bad on the math... but you get my point... its very sensitive even thugh we view it as 1 or half steps.... its infinetly more finite than that.... I'd ove to see soi ph meters with the ability to "split hairs" and be able to run some more finite testing... but I guess I'm an anal bastard! lol or maybe I just like to do experiments!

lol

Back