Live Stoners Hello all!

Splitty37

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zamnesia seeds Blueberry
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself! I'm a new member in the south east UK but have been reading up lots on here before starting my 1st grow in years of Dutch Passion Think Different (started a new grow forum earlier, would've done sooner but couldn't work out how! Lol) shes 50 days old now and will mainly be outside if the sun shows its face otherwise in a cupboard I built with 4 X 20w CFL's in, she's gone crazy with growth since I put her in there and throwing lots of flower sites! It's just a hobby to start but can see it becoming a passion quite quickly and will eventually move on to a tent. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated however small!

Hi. Welcome to the forum![emoji111]

I noticed that you mentioned getting a tent, and I wanted to take the time to help you on that journey. Tents are an expensive step. So I'll go over budget options and expensive choices.

Some good tent options to think about. Either make your own tent in a closet/garage/attic by mounting orca film and orca tape + staples. This is cheap and lasts for years. -Hint lol

https://www.orcagrowfilm.com/Hydroponic_products_s/33.htm

Or get a white tent from them. The tents aren't at ideal thickness, at 900D, but Orca sells interior tent tape. Which you could use to fix light leaks.

Thickness of the canvas is what makes a tent last.(Great 900D - Ideal 1680D+) White interior is best.

Budget friendly tents:

These tents have 1680D, and the cost-reducing mylar interior. These tents last 2-3+ years before massive light leaks appear. https://www.mars-hydro.com/grow-tent

Needed: Filtered Air intake and filtered exhaust.

Lighting:

Cree is king right now.

°Depending on your goals.

X4 Cree 3590 White Spec-3500k cobs per square meter = a pound. This is a $500 expensive if you buy them pre-made. Roughly $385 if you make them yourself.

I hope this helps.
6e29f77ad1e88cbbf4d806e856ef2166.gif

You made my day! Mr. Howard Marks aka
Mr. Nice Guy is now on site, i was dreaming of this day:crying:

Lots of UK growers show their heads up these days, i counted maybe 6 this week?
However, welcome aboard Sir!:pass:

Ha ha ha ha, cheers bud! I once went to see him do a stage show in my local town about his life, fascinating bloke! Got to meet him after too, I asked him if Bill Clinton inhaled, he did!

but can see it becoming a passion quite quickly and will eventually move on to a tent.
Passion is right. Growing, in a way, is a passive addiction. I love it. When I harvest, it's mostly a wonderful sense of accomplishment. From the ground up to the ladies eventual graduation, it's a blast. I like tents because I can control the environment start to finish. Good luck.

Back