Help: from soil to Canna Coco?

Thank you so much to everyone here.I am moving from soil since I like to use ml and precise nutes ratios,more watering schedule a etc...I am Just NEW to Coco coir,Just bought canna Coco professional plus and COCO A&B.
I sprout my seeds in paper towel and then I Will straight go into the pot with the cococoir right?Giving a First fertigation with Nutes in It even of the seed Is still...a seed right?

Always PHing with GH test drops until I see the water going Yellow(pH 6ish)
Got to mention I have pH down and up from Biobizz,which are organic...Is It compatible?
The coco in the pot - you should water it before planting in it, use PH water (the advised range is 5.8 to 6.2) this is to ensure the plants are in the right range to absorb the widest array of nutrient, if you deviate from this range you will hurt as @Dell boy said - I always go for 5.8, others 6.2 and so on...you will find your sweet spot.
So PH'd water, and a very very mild solution, as with everything - the stating EC varies from grower to grower, but alwys start light, you can add but you cannot take away (not quickly enough anyway when they are this young)- if you already have your canna coco A&B just use that (with Canna their range is good, not used it for many years, but their root stuff Rhizo is great from an early age as well - others on here have a lot more info on Canna nutes than I), dont worry about getting other starter bottles - there is so much out there, over the years I went from a shed full of bottles and now I am back to the basics and it is more than fine. Start low and work your way up - but until the seedling really takes shape do not go anywhere near the bottles recommended dosage - your EC meter and PH pen at the ready at all times :pass:

Thought my water had enough Cal Mag from the water reports and hardness...?
I have grown plenty with canna nutes With canna nutes you need a staring water EC0.2 of cal if you add to much you will get lock outs as canna coco is pre buffed with cal i dont use any cal/mag unless the plant ask for it R/O water is better as you start from 0 EC and can add the correct amount of nutes to start with

I have grown plenty with canna nutes With canna nutes you need a staring water EC0.2 of cal if you add to much you will get lock outs as canna coco is pre buffed with cal i dont use any cal/mag unless the plant ask for it R/O water is better as you start from 0 EC and can add the correct amount of nutes to start with
What I learnt:
Recap:buy a good pH pen which I Will do now.Ec Meter I have,but cheaper.

First waterings when planting seed Is Distilled or R/O water mixed to my tap to get low 0.2 EC.
PHing 6,0.
Do not let Coco dry out.
Get 10% runoff of Total volume I input.

After the plants takes off,adding A&B Canna and only tap water about Ph6-0

What I learnt:
Recap:buy a good pH pen which I Will do now.Ec Meter I have,but cheaper.

First waterings when planting seed Is Distilled or R/O water mixed to my tap to get low 0.2 EC.
PHing 6,0.
Do not let Coco dry out.
Get 10% runoff of Total volume I input.

After the plants takes off,adding A&B Canna and only tap water about Ph6-0
you dont need run off from day one else it will be to wet for them i water every other day for first couple of weeks till plant has sent out its roots every body has a diff way of doing it i do it this way have a look a at my grow jurns click on one of the links in my sigs might give you more of a idea

Worth looking at those two that Dellboy mentioned - Rhizo and Cannazym - I have not used those exact ones for years, but a root stimulant and bacteria starter are always helpful for overall health

Worth looking at those two that Dellboy mentioned - Rhizo and Cannazym - I have not used those exact ones for years, but a root stimulant and bacteria starter are always helpful for overall health
Should have posted this before.Here my water values average from municipal analisis in last 6 months:

Calcium:38
Magnesium:25

Tagging @Dell boy also.Sorry guys had to show you this before I buy anything
My EC Meter says 195 ppm Hanna scale:0.4 Ec

Attachments

• 16478663952554907446099618722898.jpg
    16478663952554907446099618722898.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Should have posted this before.Here my water values average from municipal analisis in last 6 months:

Calcium:38
Magnesium:25

Tagging @Dell boy also.Sorry guys had to show you this before I buy anything
My EC Meter says 295 ppm Hanna scale:0.4 Ec
Hello dilute down to EC 0.2 that should be ok thats the trouble with tap water its made up off other minerals and shit :smoking:

Hello dilute down to EC 0.2 that should be ok thats the trouble with tap water its made up off other minerals and shit :smoking:
Get your self a cheap R/O filter makes a lot of diff as you are never guessing the right amount of everything which will help you so much :smoking:

Get your self a cheap R/O filter makes a lot of diff as you are never guessing the right amount of everything which will help you so much :smoking:
I am already going to spend 100 € Total for pH and EC Meter +canna Coco a&b + substrate.I Will try a Ro filter later Maybe,as I cannot buy everything together.The damn drop test are not good for Coco I think

I am already going to spend 100 € Total for pH and EC Meter +canna Coco a&b + substrate.I Will try a Ro filter later Maybe,as I cannot buy everything together.The damn drop test are not good for Coco I think
No you def need a good pen else you will be giving your self problems later on in your grow trust me i have done cheap pens they are not that good at all buy once and by right saves £££ in the long run :smoking:

Back