Help: from soil to Canna Coco?

draxcel

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi guys,I made a thread on Coco section but had no answer,yet It Is a new grower question so...simple question:I have failed a bit this time,due ti overwatering a lot in soil and perlite.My soil was biobizz lightmix.I have a lot of time to tende to my plants and with Coco+ perlite I would not overwater,still,I would Need to water It more than once at day or so...I have a cheap EC Meter working and GH pH drops doing the job.
I also have biobizz Bio up and down pH.
My tap water Is 200 ppm Hanna scale= 0.4 EC
I only Need advice on what Coco line to go with .I look at Canna Coco A and B +Coco professional plus substrate.Fabric pot 3 gal.
Thank you in Advance ❤️

Hey there - there is lots of coco to chose from, as a new grower I would recommend something that is ready to go out of the bag - my staple coco for many many years has been the Canna Coco pro which Is buffered, I mix it with some clay pebbles and that’s it.
As I run a recirculating system they are being fed many many times through the day hence the need for a 60/40 split. If you are hand water, you can go just coco - it holds water well, and it is hard to over water.
your tap at E.C. 0.4 is fine, try running a PH of between 5.8 and 6, and work your way up from light feeds to when the plant tells you to slow down. I up my EC almost weekly until I see the first sign of burnt leaf tip then dial it back slightly.
Good luck
Z

Hey there - there is lots of coco to chose from, as a new grower I would recommend something that is ready to go out of the bag - my staple coco for many many years has been the Canna Coco pro which Is buffered, I mix it with some clay pebbles and that’s it.
As I run a recirculating system they are being fed many many times through the day hence the need for a 60/40 split. If you are hand water, you can go just coco - it holds water well, and it is hard to over water.
your tap at E.C. 0.4 is fine, try running a PH of between 5.8 and 6, and work your way up from light feeds to when the plant tells you to slow down. I up my EC almost weekly until I see the first sign of burnt leaf tip then dial it back slightly.
Good luck
Z
Yes I hand water.Thank you so much friend.I would add a bit perlite,buy the canna Coco professional plus which Is buffered and I have to feed since the plant Is Just a seed sprouting right?

I use the Canna Pro stuff but I buy mine pre mixed with pebbles in 50ltr bags and I've found it works for all types of growing as I run autopots and sometimes solo cups and 2 litre bottles also airpots so it works with everything I grow also your starting water is around the same ec as mine

Yes I hand water.Thank you so much friend.I would add a bit perlite,buy the canna Coco professional plus which Is buffered and I have to feed since the plant Is Just a seed sprouting right?
Hello i grow in coco i use canna coco with pebbles as it not as messy as perlight and does just aswell.Yes you start feeding from sprout never use just water allways have nutes in it as coco dont hold onto nutes like soil and never let coco dry out as it will not do your plants any good i PH to 6.1 Ph is very importent in coco so make sure you get that right else you will get a lot of issues any thing else you need to ask just fire away :smoking: :smoking:

Hello i grow in coco i use canna coco with pebbles as it not as messy as perlight and does just aswell.Yes you start feeding from sprout never use just water allways have nutes in it as coco dont hold onto nutes like soil and never let coco dry out as it will not do your plants any good i PH to 6.1 Ph is very importent in coco so make sure you get that right else you will get a lot of issues any thing else you need to ask just fire away :smoking: :smoking:
Thank you so much to everyone here.I am moving from soil since I like to use ml and precise nutes ratios,more watering schedule a etc...I am Just NEW to Coco coir,Just bought canna Coco professional plus and COCO A&B.
I sprout my seeds in paper towel and then I Will straight go into the pot with the cococoir right?Giving a First fertigation with Nutes in It even of the seed Is still...a seed right?

Always PHing with GH test drops until I see the water going Yellow(pH 6ish)
Got to mention I have pH down and up from Biobizz,which are organic...Is It compatible?

Attachments

• 16478620953028035340012524153897.jpg
    16478620953028035340012524153897.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 8
I use the Canna Pro stuff but I buy mine pre mixed with pebbles in 50ltr bags and I've found it works for all types of growing as I run autopots and sometimes solo cups and 2 litre bottles also airpots so it works with everything I grow also your starting water is around the same ec as mine
that is what I use for the recirc system, perfect ratio to water away at will :vibe:

they will always need food in coco, essentially coco is a neutral medium - it is somewhere for you to do your bit - from sprout there are many many options, many people use the basic formulex for a week or so, others go straight in to their 'grow' nutes from day 1 with a mild solution and working it up.
Also, with LED and with the coco being neutral you will definitely require calmag from a very very early stage (first or second watering)

Also, with LED and with the coco being neutral you will definitely require calmag from a very very early stage (first or second watering)
Thought my water had enough Cal Mag from the water reports and hardness...?

Thank you so much to everyone here.I am moving from soil since I like to use ml and precise nutes ratios,more watering schedule a etc...I am Just NEW to Coco coir,Just bought canna Coco professional plus and COCO A&B.
I sprout my seeds in paper towel and then I Will straight go into the pot with the cococoir right?Giving a First fertigation with Nutes in It even of the seed Is still...a seed right?

Always PHing with GH test drops until I see the water going Yellow(pH 6ish)
Hello you realy need the full canna line up including rhizo and canzyme A&B as they all work in balance and you need a ph pen realy bit more accurate why bother with the paper towel i just soak 24 hour ph water then straight into final pot

Back