Lighting HID & LED combo setup

Reaction score
Hey there! I've been growing outdoor for a while and going to get my first indoor setup soon.
I am pretty certain i want to use a combo setup as i believe both technologies have a lot to offer.
I'm going to get a 2x4x5 tent and I'm getting 2xMars Hydro Refletcor 48 and then..
would 250w HID provide enough coverage or should i go for a 400w? any brand recommendation?
My goal is to get to half kilo (18oz) and for the first go aiming at about 300g (10oz).
I'm going to be growing Grass o matic sugar gom (Auto AKxbrazilian sativa) and Nirvana auto white widow.
how many plants would you recommend for a SoG? or would it be wiser to go for 2-3 plants?
what's the status quo about grow bulbs for autos? HPS or MH? or when do people usually transition?

Thanks y'all
Happy Growing :):greenthumb:

That is a lot of light for just a 2x4. When I had that size tent, I was running 2 350 watt/5 watt diode led lights and that was more than enough for the 3 plants I was growing back then.

You might consider checking out Autocob lights from www.cobshop.net. Built by user BigSm0. They are great lights. Low heat throw, low electrical draw, small and easy to move around, no noise (no fans), super bright and ready to hang 3500K (I have 6).

I would rather have two light of lesser wattage for better coverage than one bigger wattage light.

Happy growing

Thanks for the reply man, i was aiming at getting the fullest spectrum but after looking into Cobs they seem like the best solution. How are these not the standard yet?!
I'll prob go for a 8x50w setup
Cheers!

How are these not the standard yet?
They just started to get more popular the past couple of years, but are not quite wide spread as yet. I think you will be very satisfied if you buy Autocobs.
Under the heading The CannaZone: Grow Battles & Performance Testing is where you can find a lot of Autocob info in the section called "Grow Light Companies" cobshop.net. Good luck.

2pcs of reflector 48 can cover your tent 2x4 well, if you want more powerful light, I think you can consider mars proII Epistar 160 led.

Back