Highest temps you allow in the tent?

On this topic of maintaining heat I should throw out there that the main experiment on my last grow was to keep my light at just 60% power while still maintaining my usual 36”-30” away which may have reduced the heat. I’m not an expert led guy though so I’m not sure if there was a difference but the experiment otherwise worked. Not only was my power bill almost invisible but my plants averaged 30-50% more weight than the previous 5 grows. Not saying that’s why but it certainly didn’t hurt. I’m happy I discovered that in the wintertime, because the savings will technically pay for running my AC occasionally. Experiments rock. 🤘

At the risk of being made fun of over all the open floor space, I wanted to show how my plants are usually more “in the room” than “in the tent” because the doors are always open when they’re not sleeping.
B1994A9E-F10A-4181-828A-1C57FD2C30A7.jpeg
So getting their environment to be completely desirable would be easy as I have all the equipment to do so and room to do it outside or inside the tent. Bringing this up just to stress that I’m not in survival mode at all, I’m just cheap! So I’m gonna drop a couple freebies to go with these older 2 and use this thread as a grow journal through a couple months of increasing temps and up n down rh so anyone interested can see firsthand how hot/wet/dry it gets and how they do. I’m in Southern Cal right on the ocean so hottest outside for us usually is only 90ish but that should push the tent thermo to mid 90s I‘m thinking. Having given myself a reason, I’m now excited to grow in the heat 😂

At the risk of being made fun of over all the open floor space, I wanted to show how my plants are usually more “in the room” than “in the tent” because the doors are always open when they’re not sleeping.
View attachment 1614605 So getting their environment to be completely desirable would be easy as I have all the equipment to do so and room to do it outside or inside the tent. Bringing this up just to stress that I’m not in survival mode at all, I’m just cheap! So I’m gonna drop a couple freebies to go with these older 2 and use this thread as a grow journal through a couple months of increasing temps and up n down rh so anyone interested can see firsthand how hot/wet/dry it gets and how they do. I’m in Southern Cal right on the ocean so hottest outside for us usually is only 90ish but that should push the tent thermo to mid 90s I‘m thinking. Having given myself a reason, I’m now excited to grow in the heat 😂
Sweet setup!

Just a little update on the ”let it be hot” experiment…temps have been 84-87 with lights on, humidity range 47-64%. Only distress signs I can see are the edges of leaves doing a little curling. Outside temps have been mellow at 78-82 but destined to get hotter and tent temps should eventually be in the 90s. Not adjusting anything for heat, plants will stay same distance with same light power as always. Wouldn’t be an experiment if I did I suppose 😄

59B92EBA-CB17-4FBF-BD66-C9BF118EF0D0.jpeg
F6C874FE-8D2C-4496-AFB5-414A919528EE.jpeg
58F1F0E1-B7DC-49D3-80EA-01227F6E6088.jpeg
DBFC1F09-37EB-493B-AD57-9D1C77631D76.jpeg

View attachment 1614605 So getting their environment to be completely desirable would be easy as I have all the equipment to do so and room to do it outside or inside the tent. Bringing this up just to stress that I’m not in survival mode at all, I’m just cheap! So I’m gonna drop a couple freebies to go with these older 2 and use this thread as a grow journal through a couple months of increasing temps and up n down rh so anyone interested can see firsthand how hot/wet/dry it gets and how they do. I’m in Southern Cal right on the ocean so hottest outside for us usually is only 90ish but that should push the tent thermo to mid 90s I‘m thinking. Having given myself a reason, I’m now excited to grow in the heat 😂
I'm always scared to go above 25°© so I stay between 22 & 25 °©
My Rh is always in between 55 & 65 % right up untill the end.
Be interesting to see what happens on very hot 90f temps.

Are you worried about your Rh going way low in high heat? Or are you intending on keeping it between he range your currently at?

I'm always scared to go above 25°© so I stay between 22 & 25 °©
My Rh is always in between 55 & 65 % right up untill the end.
Be interesting to see what happens on very hot 90f temps.

Are you worried about your Rh going way low in high heat? Or are you intending on keeping it between he range your currently at?
No worries about rh at all. I prefer 50% but being next to the ocean will bump that up randomly. This is purely an experiment born out of cheapness so I won’t be “keeping” any ranges with humidifiers or dehumidifiers or the AC. Hopefully they live and prosper but if they don’t its no biggie at all.

It’s 9pm 80 degrees 63% rh. Day temps still hitting about 86 same rh. I’m compensating for the rh with an extra fan and they’re moving right along and starting to stack flowers.
9DCECF04-704A-4D6A-9B53-C92D0E529011.jpeg
FB8A61CE-DED0-48A7-8346-8514E78357CF.jpeg

Back