Highest temps you allow in the tent?

Currently having trouble deciding do I allow humidity to creep above 60% during flower or do I run two dehumidifiers and keep RH down and temps up like this.
30BE4305-0DDF-4219-98E7-2E001AB63438.jpeg
A18BB5F6-6864-4B18-BC8E-0202EC30F903.jpeg

Here’s my monthly graph summer grows are tough
964C1BBB-8170-4313-8684-85BB3C84C9A6.png

Last edited:
It’s not even hot yet here, we’re just getting our first week of hitting 80 degrees but the tent is hitting about 86 degrees (according to the AC infinity exhaust thermometer) up from the 78-80 it’s been the last few months.

Edit…86 is the highest and lasts for a few hours late afternoon but tent averages 80-84 rest of the time
Just a side note, make sure you have your temp probe at plant height, and not to close to your light or above it, that can give you alarming temp numbers, and send u into a false frenzy to get the heat down.

Currently having trouble deciding do I allow humidity to creep above 60% during flower or do I run two dehumidifiers and keep RH down and temps up like this. View attachment 1614339View attachment 1614338
Here’s my monthly graph summer grows are tough
View attachment 1614343
I'm curious, what do u do in this situation? I never had this kind of issue, due to running central air in summer and winter temp in home is 70-72°. My tents in a spare bedroom. So my plants are living in the same exact environment as myself. Well, their lung room, I should say.

I'm curious, what do u do in this situation? I never had this kind of issue, due to running central air in summer and winter temp in home is 70-72°. My tents in a spare bedroom. So my plants are living in the same exact environment as myself. Well, their lung room, I should say.
Generally struggle:shrug:
I opened the basement windows allowing cool night air in but it bumps humidity, I forgot to shut the windows this morning so the humidity hit higher. I am building a room, ditching tents and discharging heat and humidity from the room directly outside. Hopefully after a bit of building this will be an issue of the past. Here is the past 24 pretty wild ride. You can see if I choose one it’s at the deficit of the other.
E311B825-7913-409B-A7AA-9A974268382C.png

Generally struggle:shrug:
I opened the basement windows allowing cool night air in but it bumps humidity, I forgot to shut the windows this morning so the humidity hit higher. I am building a room, ditching tents and discharging heat and humidity from the room directly outside. Hopefully after a bit of building this will be an issue of the past. Here is the past 24 pretty wild ride. You can see if I choose one it’s at the deficit of the other.
View attachment 1614491
I have been venting to the outside for about a year now, and I am truly glad I can do that.
91tx8NS5CkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Man I really appreciate all the input. Anyone whose read my grows knows I’m all about experimenting so I’m going to use these two and plant two more (the lights on anyways so what the hell) to test some possible extreme conditions. I’m not going to manipulate the rh or turn on the AC and see (a) how hot and dry/wet it actually gets and (b) how hot and dry/wet a plant will be happy in. Theres a couple reasons for this, one is the electric bill but mostly I’m once again giving the plants a chance to prove that they don’t need me to worry. They haven’t let me down yet but if they die so be it I’ll wait till September lol but it won’t be for nothing because I will have learned something ✅
57B6C9DF-F8BF-4023-9277-FD6F4E4A659C.jpeg

I have growing conditions like that several months in the summer, I have been well into the 90s in veg and try to keep it in the mid to low 80s in flower. I just harvested plants that went through 84°F 82% RH and I got a little bud rot. It might have been a lot worse but I am using RotBlock. 80/80 seems to be the magic numbers for me and Bud Rot.

I'm glad you started this thread @PeaceLove&Buds because I have been wondering what's to hot. It's been really humid here lately in Colorado, but I've been worrying about 82°& also have lowered my relative humidity to 50% cause of the density of the buds plus I'm in mid-late flower!

I'm glad you started this thread @PeaceLove&Buds because I have been wondering what's to hot. It's been really humid here lately in Colorado, but I've been worrying about 82°& also have lowered my relative humidity to 50% cause of the density of the buds plus I'm in mid-late flower!
82 has never been a problem, the last grow averaged 80-83 with great results. So far the plants above have spent almost a week with afternoon tent temps hitting a high of 87 and lasting a few hours.
Occasionally the ambient rh is weird here but it’s usually 45-65% and I usually have both the tent and shed doors open so they get what I get.

Back