blue

gRobot
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
HLG_pumpkin carving.jpg

Fresh off the press! HLG has 2 lights for this contest...................... 1st and 2nd place

Super Sativa Seed Club and twenty20 Mendocino are sponsoring seeds for Third and 4th place.

Make this the best pumpkin contest on the web to support and make all our AFN vendors spookfabulous.

pumkin3.jpg

Then this is a pumpkin carving contest for you. This is how it works:

You carve a pumpkin with a tool that breaks the skin. You may embellish your pumpkins environment in any manner you see fit. You must take a picture or video of it with a code card “AFN Pumpkin” You can photo shop the pumpkin but not the code card. Videos are welcome. Hard Core XXX will be deleted and you will be spooked. You are allowed one entry. That entry will place you into 3 separate polls: One for The Best Ever, One for The Ugliest, and One for The Goofiest. The winner of each of those polls will be entered in the final poll to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Enter in here when the thread is open. Entry posts should be just the picture/video only to make it easier for me to copy.

Dates have changed!

Entries open October 1 through November 1, 2021.

First polls open November 3 and close November 10.

Final Poll Opens November 11 and closes Midnight November 18.

The winners are by the poll results on November 19!

Pumpkins are not universally available around the world at the same time so the definition of pumpkin for this contest shall include:

A pumpkin is a cultivar of winter squash that is round with smooth, slightly ribbed skin, and is most often deep yellow to orange in coloration.[1] The thick shell contains the seeds and pulp. The name is most commonly used for cultivars of Cucurbita pepo, but some cultivars of Cucurbita maxima, C. argyrosperma, and C. moschata with similar appearance are also sometimes called "pumpkin".

Carved Watermelons will be acceptable also.

2021-09-25_0-02-17.jpg2021-09-24_11-19-14.jpg2021-09-24_11-18-46.jpg
2021-09-24_11-18-15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this thread guys n gals. Brilliant. I won’t enter this because this was last years pumpkin, but just thought I would get the ball rolling.

FEFFC805-3876-4F76-A9B6-50EEE3F142AA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was great last year, some really super entries.. and nobody noticed that I used a water melon instead of a pumpkin :biggrin:
We noticed but it was ok. I think I will add it to the ok list because not everyone has access to a pumpkin.

This fails the rules as there is no Card with AFN Pumpkin in the picture! Try again. I may not be so generous to peeps that enter without following the rules.
It clearly states I won’t be entering as this was a pumpkin I made last year, I just it would be nice to share it.

Apologies for my ignorance, what is 'code card' ? Is this just a hand written piece of paper or something more official?

Apologies for my ignorance, what is 'code card' ? Is this just a hand written piece of paper or something more official?

Yep simple as that ,,get a card write afn pumpkin on it ,,place in front of spectacularly carved pumpkin and snap away :thumbsup:

We noticed but it was ok. I think I will add it to the ok list because not everyone has access to a pumpkin.
So any Cucurbrit is OK then!
Hmmm a cucumber halloween carving might be fun or maybe the world's smallest halloween carving, with a mouse melon!:crying::crying:
Have no fear it will be a big ol' orange pumpkin from the supermarket!:smoking:

Back