HLG - My experience + 350R selection & unboxing

olegren

stuck in my cabana, living on bananas and blow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Lil' Wild Lamb (Beaver Genetics)
Super excited to see HLG on AFN now, so I want to share my experience with them as a company for those who might be in the market.

I picked up my first HLG light (A 260W QB V1 kit) early last year. I was on another forum where they're prominent among growers, and the more I read the more I liked the idea of dealing with them given their reputation for a solid product with top notch components, an eye towards innovation, and the fact that they were local enough to provide support in my time zone.

The light was a champ and a great starter kit for me. More importantly, HLG stood by it. I contacted them at least five different times over various newbie issues; from thinking my light output was not correct to trying to figure out how to safely mount the driver outside my tent during the summer time. Every time, I got a prompt and courteous reply from the same small group of folks whether I sent an email or called them on the phone. They were always helpful, informative, and willing to go above and beyond to support my entry level purchase.

A year and a half later, and I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade any longer. HLG popping up on AFN pushed me over the edge. So I reached out to @Les @HLG for some ideas on upgrade paths. My V1 was great and all, but it was a 3000K panel whose footprint wasn't ideal for my near-future tent upgrade. They were quick to give me options at various price points, and I bit the bullet and picked up a 350R brand new.

The thing showed up today via UPS less than 48 hours later. I've only just unboxed and rigged it up in my tent enough to do some quick lux tests, but I had to come and gush a little bit about the experience.

There's so much polish on this light; from the box itself to the sleek design, slick white heatsink, and absolutely blinding LED panels. I thought my old board was bright, but this thing is a sight to behold. Can't wait to get my next grow started so I can take advantage of the upgrade to my blues & reds.

I'll come back and update as I get some experience growing with this particular unit, but for now I have to say it again: HLG is a fantastic company to deal with.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see some happy plants under your new light!

Super excited to see HLG on AFN now, so I want to share my experience with them as a company for those who might be in the market.

I picked up my first HLG light (A 260W QB V1 kit) early last year. I was on another forum where they're prominent among growers, and the more I read the more I liked the idea of dealing with them given their reputation for a solid product with top notch components, an eye towards innovation, and the fact that they were local enough to provide support in my time zone.

The light was a champ and a great starter kit for me. More importantly, HLG stood by it. I contacted them at least five different times over various newbie issues; from thinking my light output was not correct to trying to figure out how to safely mount the driver outside my tent during the summer time. Every time, I got a prompt and courteous reply from the same small group of folks whether I sent an email or called them on the phone. They were always helpful, informative, and willing to go above and beyond to support my entry level purchase.

A year and a half later, and I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade any longer. HLG popping up on AFN pushed me over the edge. So I reached out to @Les @HLG for some ideas on upgrade paths. My V1 was great and all, but it was a 3000K panel whose footprint wasn't ideal for my near-future tent upgrade. They were quick to give me options at various price points, and I bit the bullet and picked up a 350R brand new.

The thing showed up today via UPS less than 48 hours later. I've only just unboxed and rigged it up in my tent enough to do some quick lux tests, but I had to come and gush a little bit about the experience.

There's so much polish on this light; from the box itself to the sleek design, slick white heatsink, and absolutely blinding LED panels. I thought my old board was bright, but this thing is a sight to behold. Can't wait to get my next grow started so I can take advantage of the upgrade to my blues & reds.

I'll come back and update as I get some experience growing with this particular unit, but for now I have to say it again: HLG is a fantastic company to deal with.

Back