Grow Room How many autos in a 4x4 in 8L soil pots?

Qbgrower

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Autoseeds - HiJack and Dreamberry. HSO - Sour Diesel
Hi, Folks!

I'm looking to get the 4x4 tent back up and running in December and plan to do one big run before I downsize due to the cost of electricity. Last time I had 4 plants in 15L of soil and probably could have fit in another 2 - 4.

Setup will be trays with an autovalve in each, organic soil and water only. All under 480w of QBs.

How many 8L fabric pots do you think I could fit in?

Cheers
Qb

Last edited:
Personally I'd do 4, but your limitations are not bag size, its going to be light coverage area, and how big your plants get in the last 1/3 of the grow. I also use QB's and they are more of a direct down pointing light ray. Maybe you could get away with 6 plants.

Hi, Folks!

I'm looking to get the 4x4 tent back up and running in December and plan to do one big run before I downsize due to the cost of electricity. Last time I had 4 plants in 15L of soil and probably could have fit in another 2 - 4.

Setup will be trays with an autovalve in each, organic soil and water only. All under 480w of QBs.

How many 8L fabric pots do you think I could fit in?

Cheers
Qb
in 8 liter pots i would run 9

2g pots essentially. I usually run 9 plants in my 3x3 lit with 256-306w so for a 4x4 I would run 9-16 depending on strain. But since legally I can only have 9 flowering ladies that’s why my grow is based around that size

Personally I'd do 4, but your limitations are not bag size, its going to be light coverage area, and how big your plants get in the last 1/3 of the grow. I also use QB's and they are more of a direct down pointing light ray. Maybe you could get away with 6 plants.

Light coverage isn't a problem. I have 2 QBs which have optimum flower coverage of 120x60cm each.

in 8 liter pots i would run 9

It was pretty much what I was thinking. 3 banks of 3 and allows space for topping and training.

2g pots essentially. I usually run 9 plants in my 3x3 lit with 256-306w so for a 4x4 I would run 9-16 depending on strain. But since legally I can only have 9 flowering ladies that’s why my grow is based around that size

Yup. Roughly 1.75g.

Ah to have the legal option would be great. :frowny:

What's your grow style? Do you top and train your plants or just let them grow naturally?

I'm going to be growing quite a few different strains so it's going to be interesting.

Thanks for all the input.

Qb

I'm going to be growing quite a few different strains
This definitely adds to the challenge but once they are in the bag the variety is so worth the trouble. Love training and topping but lately I’ve been lazy and just bending the main between day 20-30 before onset of flower and it helps get the lowers up to canopy while limiting lateral expansion, has me feeling like trying 4 in my 2x2 this next run

This definitely adds to the challenge but once they are in the bag the variety is so worth the trouble. Love training and topping but lately I’ve been lazy and just bending the main between day 20-30 before onset of flower and it helps get the lowers up to canopy while limiting lateral expansion, has me feeling like trying 4 in my 2x2 this next run

4 in a 2x2? That's going to be like a mini jungle. I'll be following along in that grow when you start.

As for the strains I'll be growing...

4 x Sawney strains
2 x Mephisto strains
2 x Fast Buds
2 x Seedstockers

That's 10. I do have more strains so I may just try to pack the tent as much as possible and cull if it gets too crowded.

Qb

Last edited:
I'm running six plants in a 2x4, so if your priority is variety you can squeeze a dozen in there (I'm using soil in pots labelled 5 gallon). Have you ever run a SOG before? When you squeeze them in like sardines, that's the paradigm you're basically working with. I have decent air-exchange and low humidity, but I've found with a tightly packed tent it takes either a two-stage harvest, or something like schwazzing to get decent light penetration. I suppose my point is to reflect on your preferred growing style and priorities, because a packed tent has its own requirements and will to some degree dictate your grow methods.

So how many can fit, and how many You can fit Comfortably, might be different questions.

Up to a point, the question is not how many will fit, but how many plants do you want to fit in there. Just keep them snippers sharp and trim and train as necessary. But I would not do more than 9. If you will be able to move them out to trim and train. I like to be able to get them up on a bench outside the drobe for intimate attention, but different strokes eh?

Have fun, and make some bud. :pighug:

I'm going to do either 9 or 12 and keep them trimmed. A few people I follow on here have had great success with schwazzing so I'm going to give that a go.

Variety is the goal this run.

Qb

Back