Reaction score
I have a question? New to organic growing. And I'm kind of confused about top dressing. I am running 4 autos 2 mephisto forum stomper and 2 strawberry nuggets. They are still in seedling bags. This weekend they will be ready for transplant into the 3 gallon Fabric pots. The tent is currents a 3x3 but I am upgrading to a 4x4 soon. Light is one electric sky Es300 v3. I am using build a soil light recipe and 3.0 recipe mixed 50/50 with a few sprinkles of build a soil cover crop.. So I have really two questions. 1. Could I add worms to these containers pro/ cons. And 2 how often and when should I top dress? I will appreciate any help. Happy growing guys thank you‼️

How did it go? Did you add some worms? Interested in hearing your experience….

The containers are too small for worms, I think it would be a waste of money. In larger containers we find worms show up if moisture levels are managed properly and you use high quality earthworm castings in your mix.

A cover crop is not doing you in favors as well, as there is such a small amount of fertility in that volume of soil that I think it's best reserved for the main crop (cannabis). It also raises other challenges regarding insect and pathogen habitat.

I bet a lot of people are not using inoculant/inoculated seed when covering with clover as well. I’ve pulled a lot of nitrogen fixers that had zero nodules on the roots.

Back