How to separate two equally good weeds.

The Iconoclast

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
You've got two types of weed, both excellent, how can you objectively tell which one is better?

Look away now if you want to have a go at answering this yourself....

You make two bowls of the weed, one for each sample. Then place those two bowls, in a room full of pot heads, the bowl that finishes first, is the best.

Since taste is subjective, I wonder if it would it be better to just do a blind tasting for yourself..and see which YOU prefer? :smoking:

I think for many of us this naturally happens..the jars we enjoy the most get wiped out before the others :lol:

The idea made me chuckle though so cheers for that lol.

That is as valid as any other method! Even if you send those off to the lab, a lab report is just numbers. I have had weed with lower lab numbers be a better buzz than much higher labs.

I do a similar thing with my dabs. The silicon box that gets empty first is a better rosin!

I use to live 30 minutes from the Oregon border and drive over once a week to get my medicine. I would spend crazy amounts of money on all the big name stuff that looked really pretty and while it was very good I never really enjoyed smoking it because it killed my throat and lungs. All the ladies that worked in the dispo I was going to were all always really happy and red eyed so I started asking them what they were using. It was never the stuff I would have bought. SO I started getting what they recommended and I was never happier. The best stuff I've ever had was some not so great looking Purple Kush they recommended that had me laughing so hard I almost peed myself every time I used it. It's all subjective, ones mans trash is another mans treasure.

@2budz that's why the two bowls in a room is so good, it's the old 'when push comes to shove'. It's impossible to get any other objective opinion because there's nothing at stake. You do not tell anyone the purpose of the two bowls but the intangible sort themselves out, and this is the best objective method given enough time, the more potheads the more accurate.

I share a house with someone who prefers to purchase little medical nuggets of weed grown in Israel at stupid prices. He prefers it to my weed unless he runs out then all the things that are no good with my weed are suddenly fine. I found the medical weed to be too crumbly and harsh.

@ManWithWrench, when I first heard that song, 'i smoke two joints before I smoke two joints and then I smoke two more', I knew it was going to be my personal anthem.

@2budz that's why the two bowls in a room is so good, it's the old 'when push comes to shove'. It's impossible to get any other objective opinion because there's nothing at stake. You do not tell anyone the purpose of the two bowls but the intangible sort themselves out, and this is the best objective method given enough time, the more potheads the more accurate.

I share a house with someone who prefers to purchase little medical nuggets of weed grown in Israel at stupid prices. He prefers it to my weed unless he runs out then all the things that are no good with my weed are suddenly fine. I found the medical weed to be too crumbly and harsh.

@ManWithWrench, when I first heard that song, 'i smoke two joints before I smoke two joints and then I smoke two more', I knew it was going to be my personal anthem.
Crumbly and harsh is the definition of "top shelf" dispo weed. I hate it. I moved to a legal state last year and I can't even mess with the stuff here. That's why I started growing my own.

In the rare occasion I do buy weed from a dispo I don't go straight to the top shelf or A grade. I ask a million questions, smell and inspect everything. I usually end up leaving with the cheapest and least desirable stuff.

Gotta say that my worst home grown has without exception been better than the best dispensary stuff I have tried. My most recent attempt with the gov't store to try a couple sativas was a complete waste of money. I have never experienced worse throat burn, and the high was uninteresting, especially with one of the strains. I very much doubt that I will bother again. :nono:

Back