Grow Room HTG Supply 150 watt hps with hortilux bulb.

E

ENCOUNTERZERO

I had bought my first real grow light a few months ago. Its the HTG Supply 150 Watt HPS. Granted its a small light and the unit has the ballast mounted to the back of the reflector panel. The light works like a charm and is pretty durable. It looks like it could take a beating and I have saw videos on youtube of them still working under water. (insane I know dudes grow flooded like hell) I soon might be looking into buying another they work well and tough as hell for around $75 on ebay.

Hey Zero...exact same light I purchased! Getting ready to upgrade to a 600w hps/mh cool tube and my new 48x48x78 grow tent is on it's way as we speak!!! Geesh I am like a kid at christmas!!!!!! lol :dance:

we must be working from the same play book here cause i was looking for some new toys myself i been looking in the papers here and i keep finding 1000 watters in the paper from green houses shutting down so i may just grab a few of them puppies. I think maybe 1000 watts might be over kill in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent i was looking at but i maybe wrong on that.

HTG has a shop near me and there customer service was incredible and there free gift was a lighter with a bottle opener in it which was kinda cool. who dont like freebie toys.

we must be working from the same play book here cause i was looking for some new toys myself i been looking in the papers here and i keep finding 1000 watters in the paper from green houses shutting down so i may just grab a few of them puppies. I think maybe 1000 watts might be over kill in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent i was looking at but i maybe wrong on that.
Heat may be an issue but with some good ventilation you should be okay. Sounds like the same size tent that is in route as we speak. I know as soon as it arrives I will be ripping open that box and setting it up...only problem for me is going to be the waiting to fill it up with autos as I will be out of town for a few days in Feb.

Id help ya fill the tent if i was around sometimes a extra set of hands helps.

I was thinking of grabbing them for resale later on when things get booming in my state. I found a nice 400 watt set up fairly cheap as well its gonna be a slow upgrade process but i'll get there. Ill be building a special room for when the wiz lets his dragons out of there cages. always liked dragons i got the tattoos to prove it lol.

Last summer was a hot one here in Colorado. Should of seen all the growers trying to dump their 1000w ballasts! Luckily I was selling a dozen 600w ballast kits at the time (leftover from a group purchase I had organized) - sold them all within a week. Had people offering to give me two 1000w's for one 600w! Crazy!

The only time I recommend 1000watters are for a big warehouse grow. You start using them in a personal home grow and you start spending a lot of additional money on electricity, cooling, etc... Yes the yield is better but at what costs? Better off getting a 8 bulb T5HO fixture, less heat, longer lasting bulbs, just as good yield. I have seen 1000watters used in home grows locally here but it was in a basement & they still had a huge split A/C unit, along with a ton of fans.

Thanks for the info Thai. I found this T5HO and it states the bulbs are for vegetative growth....if I purchase this instead of the 600w hps/mh do I need to purchase different bulbs for flowering? Do you think I would be better off with the 600w system?

http://cgi.ebay.com/T5-Fluorescent-...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c189a8de5#ht_9995wt_1454

i have a ambagram on my arm it says "my life is my curse"

thats the exact one i have, i got it as a reminder that yes my life had been hard and most would have gave up by now but it gives me reason to keep going.

Back