Lighting Growing Auto's with my HPS, Thinking of adding a few LED's any Advise?

Grows

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Widow,Amnesia Haze. FP leaf shatter.
I'm growing 7 Auto's in my Closet. Been Growing for over 4 months now and have finished my first grow about 45 days ago. 6 EarlyMiss Auto's by Cropkingseeds. The only problem i had was temps using the HPS and being summer time and only having a few fans my room the closet was in was too hot to live in. Tbh idk how they grew at all now that i think about it. I'll post a pic of my old grow before harvest as well as a pic of my first grow on day 30 and my current grow on day 30. My current grow once i chopped the last EarlyMiss I germinated 5 Amnesia Haze & White Widow AutoFlowers by Cropkingseeds. Wanna try some DP auto's. Plan to next grow but the dispensary i been going to sells CropKingSeeds so its convenient. 9/10 Seeds Germinated but i only had space under my light for 7 plants in 5 Gallon pots. Thinking i should of just germinated 4. This grow the plants are bigger and if i had the room i could LST them to become bushes with many tops. but once i put them in my closet i kinda sealed it up, ( first grow one of my mistakes was stressing the plant from just tuching it too much ) I got 4 WW and 3 AH going RN. The only issue I'm having is still heat. ive got a window ac running with custom duct/tape work bringing cool air in my closet but wish i had more, maybe a vented hood. but I'm gonna get a inline/exhaust fan here soon. But reguardless for more light I'm gonna add LED's on each side kinda on en angle. Has anyone grown with HPS and LED together? I germinated my seeds with 6500k CFL's just for a few days then put them straight under my HPS and they grew ok but id like LED's on each side of the hps on en angle. shinning light on a slight angle across the canopy . one on each side. just a cheap few hundred watt led panel. Does anyone have any input into what light patteren// color or like number of red to blue idk. :S i have no experience with LED's i got no idea... What would you guys suggest? has anyone grown with HPS/LED?

Heres a pic of my last grow b4 harvest (6 Earlymiss Auto's by CKS)

And Two more pics. One of my 6 EarlyMiss Auto's on day 30 and a pic of my Current grow on day 30, Way bigger this time but id like to try nd grow atleast 1 Earlymiss again to see how it will turn out this time.

Attachments

• EARLYMISSAUTOFLOWERS_MYFIRSTGROW.jpg
    EARLYMISSAUTOFLOWERS_MYFIRSTGROW.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 247
  • day 30.jpg
    day 30.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 1a1a1a1a1aa1.jpg
    1a1a1a1a1aa1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 239
A ton of experience growing with mh,hps,cfl,an led an adding different spectrums of light is always good .I vent my hps de, with a small fan I hook to the end I use an air cooled set up always based on growing in a trailer an a small space , air cooled is completely necessary for controlling temps an hot temps tend to lower resin production.During the summer I hook my inline up to the trailers air conditioning an pump cool air into the grow .I also prefer an adjustable ballist that really helps during the summer months an in the winter I'm running full power an able to heat my house as well a win win .Hope that helps feel free to ask me more. I'm here to help .

I'm growing 7 Auto's in my Closet. Been Growing for over 4 months now and have finished my first grow about 45 days ago. 6 EarlyMiss Auto's by Cropkingseeds. The only problem i had was temps using the HPS and being summer time and only having a few fans my room the closet was in was too hot to live in. Tbh idk how they grew at all now that i think about it. I'll post a pic of my old grow before harvest as well as a pic of my first grow on day 30 and my current grow on day 30. My current grow once i chopped the last EarlyMiss I germinated 5 Amnesia Haze & White Widow AutoFlowers by Cropkingseeds. Wanna try some DP auto's. Plan to next grow but the dispensary i been going to sells CropKingSeeds so its convenient. 9/10 Seeds Germinated but i only had space under my light for 7 plants in 5 Gallon pots. Thinking i should of just germinated 4. This grow the plants are bigger and if i had the room i could LST them to become bushes with many tops. but once i put them in my closet i kinda sealed it up, ( first grow one of my mistakes was stressing the plant from just tuching it too much ) I got 4 WW and 3 AH going RN. The only issue I'm having is still heat. ive got a window ac running with custom duct/tape work bringing cool air in my closet but wish i had more, maybe a vented hood. but I'm gonna get a inline/exhaust fan here soon. But reguardless for more light I'm gonna add LED's on each side kinda on en angle. Has anyone grown with HPS and LED together? I germinated my seeds with 6500k CFL's just for a few days then put them straight under my HPS and they grew ok but id like LED's on each side of the hps on en angle. shinning light on a slight angle across the canopy . one on each side. just a cheap few hundred watt led panel. Does anyone have any input into what light patteren// color or like number of red to blue idk. :S i have no experience with LED's i got no idea... What would you guys suggest? has anyone grown with HPS/LED?

Heres a pic of my last grow b4 harvest (6 Earlymiss Auto's by CKS)

And Two more pics. One of my 6 EarlyMiss Auto's on day 30 and a pic of my Current grow on day 30, Way bigger this time but id like to try nd grow atleast 1 Earlymiss again to see how it will turn out this time.

I started with 2 600 watt HPS ducted together and air cooled. It was too hot in the summer and could not get AC to where I grow. My grows were difficult under these conditions.

I have since added 6 autocob LED lights since last fall and they will come in very handy this summer. So I have the HPS lights ducted together and I either air cool them or I don't. In the winter I don't hook them up to the exhaust as I need the heat from the lamps to stay in the tent. And then I have 3 autocobs per side that hang together with the HPS fixtures. 3 autocobs on one side of the HPS line, and 3 autocobs on the other side. Autocobs are really nice in this situation because they can hang anywhere at any height and be tilted and pointed wherever you need the light. They really work great with HPS lights. And in the summer I won't even run the HPS lights. Just the COB LEDs. Very flexible system. Check out autocobs. there is a board in the vendor section for autocobs/cobshop.net

Back