Mephisto Genetics Hubba Bubba Smell O Scope

Yeah i do really like it, i was thinking of just getting a bigger tent and 1 more of those ts1000s. The most I've gotten per plant so far was 3 zips, everything else has been about 2 or 2 1/2 zips. Maybe I'll try 5 gallon pots once I get the bigger tent. These Hubba Bubba smell o scopes are the first plants I didn't top so we will see if that ups the yield.
Bigger pots = bigger yields, but it is so different between soil and hydro. I recently did a 2 plant soil run this past spring as I wanted to see if I could tell a difference in the terps, but more importantly ... I needed a break from coco/perlite! It get really busy during flower ... fertigating 2 or 3 times a day gets old really quick. Soil grow was a breeze as I fertigated every 3 days in veg and every other day in flower. Like you, I yielded 2 to 3 zips per plant and truth be told, I really couldn't tell any difference in the terpenes! :shrug::pass:

I really like the TS-1000, (especially during the winter for the added heat). I have 3 and use them in a 2.7 x 5 ft grow space using 1 for each plant. Before then I used AutoCobs and achieved 2 grams per watt sometimes, but I couldn't get dense buds unless I was growing a strain like Strawberry Nuggets that have dense buds as a trait. Truth is I didn't know what a dense bud was until I grew the SN under the TS-1000. I had several cured buds that weighed over 1/2 zip. First time I used 5 gallon pots with coco/perlite, I pulled 33 zips from 3 pots, (including my personal best of 11 3/4 zips). I've thought about upgrading, but I really don't see no need until the ones I got decide to die! :pass:
May I be so bold as to inquire as to which nutes you are using pulling the massive colas sir?? I too think I would enjoy pulling some gas like that!! Lol. The sn really do produce some beautiful nugs.
AFC37624-A1AF-4270-B3EC-3301E6C476EB.jpeg
58B22970-A293-4748-A320-4871E58A5819.jpeg
1A8774E2-AA34-4A76-A43A-6C2BE5CEF116.jpeg

May I be so bold as to inquire as to which nutes you are using pulling the massive colas sir?? I too think I would enjoy pulling some gas like that!! Lol. The sn really do produce some beautiful nugs. View attachment 1560252View attachment 1560253View attachment 1560254
Dude the bud in your pic looks like it's holding some weight! Truth be known, it wasn't a SN. It was a Northern Lights Auto 5 pack that I got from Ali-bongo during one of their "dank holiday weekends." All were big producers and several of the top colas weighed 14 grams on my biggest girl, (11 3/4 zips). I wouldn't have known until a friend was wanting a 1/2oz. I always save my biggest buds for last and when I put one on the scale it weighed 14 grams exactly. We were both surprised and I weighed a couple more. The biggest one was 15 grams. I tried to find a pic, but I go through and delete pics every so often. I did save a pic of a SN that yielded 9 1/2 zips! :peace::pass:

PN-1-_20220506_130110.jpg

'

Dude the bud in your pic looks like it's holding some weight! Truth be known, it wasn't a SN. It was a Northern Lights Auto 5 pack that I got from Ali-bongo during one of their "dank holiday weekends." All were big producers and several of the top colas weighed 14 grams on my biggest girl, (11 3/4 zips). I wouldn't have known until a friend was wanting a 1/2oz. I always save my biggest buds for last and when I put one on the scale it weighed 14 grams exactly. We were both surprised and I weighed a couple more. The biggest one was 15 grams. I tried to find a pic, but I go through and delete pics every so often. I did save a pic of a SN that yielded 9 1/2 zips! :peace::pass:

View attachment 1560266

'
Btw, my bad! I forgot about your question about nutes. Original formula MegaCrop with added Bud Explosion during bloom. I also am a huge fan of Silica and bigger and stronger stems would also add a little extra weight to the bud. I've been told that my bud stems are the biggest they've ever seen, lol. I used to have bamboo sticks and/or trellis netting to keep my buds from falling over, and they weren't 1/2 the size of buds I've grown with silica. :peace::pass:

View attachment 1560266

'
Damn bro that’s beautiful. I’m in awe!! Love that purp they get going in em. I think I stunted mine.
Okay. Soooooo…. Next question. What size pots?? And have you used jacks? If so how does it stack up to what you used in this etc. I’m sorry, but I’ve been usingJacks since day one and I’m not sure if the other stuff is worth it?? Either way damn those are beautiful. Thanks.

Firstly, let me say to @Hotfire that I'm sorry for posting so much on your thread. :pighug: I personally don't mind the extra posts and I encourage folks to post anything they like on my threads, but not everyone is like that. So I hope I haven't ruffled any feathers, so to speak! :pass:
Damn bro that’s beautiful. I’m in awe!! Love that purp they get going in em. I think I stunted mine.
Okay. Soooooo…. Next question. What size pots?? And have you used jacks? If so how does it stack up to what you used in this etc. I’m sorry, but I’ve been usingJacks since day one and I’m not sure if the other stuff is worth it?? Either way damn those are beautiful. Thanks.
I've mainly used 3 gallon pots. Except for a time I was using the AutoPot system, but I could never get the kind of yields that I got in 3 gallon pots, (usually averaged 5-7 zips). After 2 runs using AutoPots with my stash getting low. I decided to run 3 plants in 5 gallon pots for the first time and that's when I got 33 zips from 3 pots & the SN pictured above was the smallest of the 3 @ 9 1/2 zips. Changing pot size did reduce my plant count from 4 to 3, because when your fertigating 2X a day during flower .... it involves a lot of water packing or a large res. I recently converted my AutoPot to top feeding drip emitters and I changed nutes to Florabloom once they hit flower, because I was worried about MC clogging up the system. Sorry I've never used Jacks, but i have seen comparison charts that show MegaCrop as being the 2nd cheapest nutrient you could buy ... right behind Jacks! :peace::pass:

Wow. I so didn’t realize I was even on your thread.
Thanks for the rep & kind words. Your more than welcome to follow my grow, the link is very tiny under "current grow!" I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn what not to do! :rofl: Firstly, I tried to fry them early with too much light, (I had taken a 6 month break from growing and my usual starting light was packed away). 2 of 3 girls recovered nicely, but my SN just never took off. Then after I switched nutes when my girls hit bloom, I started using a "Zero Water" filter that took all the nastys out of my tap water. However, I wasn't using enough Cal/Mag+ and ran into deficiencies. My Chemdogging is starting to get her fade on, (approx. day 60), but that may have well been due to my mistakes. Mephisto's Wedding is going to be the biggest girl and both have lots of frost! :peace::pass:

Back