Mephisto Genetics HubbaBubbaSmelloScope

The Sour Crack, Chem City Blues, and Tyrone Special were all extremely heavy feeders. They took more nutes than any other auto I've grown and could have handled more. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to up the feed a bit .

Thanks guys! I did up the feed to 1/2 strength and also added a low dose of cal mag. I will see what happens and then start adjusting lighting. Any guess on when I should start to notice a difference in the plant if she is responding to the nutes?

Side note... I'm the type that has to smell everything. Eesh! Cal/Mag smells like vinegar!! Never used it before haha!

Well she appears to be getting worse. I am going to be honest here I do not want to open an ICU. I have a totally healthy White Widow from Spliff seeds going now and if need be I have decided to terminate the HBSS and spend all my time on the WW.

I will wait out the week assuming there isn't more of a turn for the worse but I have a feeling I will have to end up terminating her. Thanks to Mitch's generosity I have more than enough seeds for another plant so if I have to end her life I will certainly be trying again. I have never had any luck trying to juggle more than one plant. Maybe it's Karma, grow no more than you need...

Necrosis is starting to form on the newer leaves now. I think she has just had too hard of a shock with the high heat in the tent. Who knows maybe the roots have some damage that I can't see, they do appear healthy however. Either way I will keep updating.

DSCF0083 - Copy.jpg

DSCF0084 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth here is a shot of my White Widow:

DSCF0087 - Copy.jpg

Here is an updated pic of my HBSS, LST outside, was planted straight to soil. Its doing well. Sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe you should just move it outside somewhere and let it go and hope for the best. Let mother nature take care of her and you could be surprised in the outcome. 2L bottle for size reference.
IMG_1885a.jpgIMG_1888.jpg

She looks fantastic Treeman!! Great job!!!

Tough to get a bare root plant in the ground... Maybe I'll put her out but probably not. Like I said, not too bummed and I will definitely be coming back to this strain!

Keep up the awesome work on yours though, again she looks great!

Thats true, it can be hard on the plant, but its possible. I had 4 plants this summer that were flooded in the ground, 3 days under water. I went out and litterally ripped them up and put them in pots. They took about 2 weeks to recover, and all of the fans died, but they are actually growing again now and throwing out white hairs. I thought they were done for for sure. Your yield might be crap, but you could still get a little.

Well she's still holding her own, nothing progressed overnight. Being in DWC if it was a nutrient burn situation it would have rapidly progressed overnight and presented full blown this morning. Leaves are still yellow but not getting worse.

Anybody ever have to rescue a hungry plant that can guess as to how long the problem corrects itself?

Love the higher nute strength. They don't advertise this (but should), GH nutes are PH buffered to maintain optimal PH of 5.8, which is right where the bucket is at. Over time it drops out but for the first couple days at least it's right in the bull's eye.

Well, the yellowing and necrosis ended up presenting on the main growth tip. I ended it. The roots had a definite browning to them, not brown slime but still just not right. I am calling cause of death as complications due to heat stress. As I told Mitch in an email I will be trying this strain again after the weather cools down. I will try around November or so. I will keep this thread for my next grow too.

Thanks for following, sorry it ended in disaster. Now I will be concentrating on my White Widow, LINK HERE

Sorry bud...:(

Better Luck second time around (with the temps) :)

Back