"Hydroponically grown Cannabis is less flavorful compared to soil grown."

What's the difference between organic nutrients and " synthetic" ? Absolutely nothing! They are both the exact same ionic salt of the element or mineral compound derived from the same base components. Even under a microscope they look the same and lab tests will tell you that also. The whole " nasty chemicals" in manufactured nutrients is total BS. Now when it cmes to many of the "bloom boosters" etc, then it's a different story, but with a standard nutrient package like Megacrop, there is nothing in it that is any different than what is provided to your plants by microbes etc.
So the bottom line is there isn't going to be a taste or smell difference between plants grown in the same environment. I've had a bet running on this for years, I've never lost...........
I've never grown any way except hydro, and use mostly edibles, so I can't comment on taste differences.
But there must be a difference in what dirt roots experience, and what hydro roots experience.
No way hydro can duplicate the complex chemical nature of microbe infested dirt.

I suspect the taste differences are small, and I'm sticking with hydro.

So, here is how the thing gets tested. With several clones of the same mother plant, half raised in soil of the finest organic ingredients, and half on salt nutes. The deed done by someone good at both techniques.

When done and cured, a double blind test by a handful of stoners. As in, they get type A and type B, and the person that delivers them to the testers shaking hands does not know which is which. Stoners vote which is best, or no difference, and the results are tallied in due course when someone is copacetic enough to do numbers.

Anything short of a double blind test with clones won't do it. :biggrin: Sadly, setting this up is not a priority for me. The next grow is likely to be coco only, and I don't do clones. :biggrin:

Simple answer... growers expertise with their chosen substrate and inputs make the weed taste good as long as the cultivar in question taste good in the first place.

I've tasted weed from both camps and both have been on par in flavour, really comes down to the grower.

There's a lot of organic in my area, my coco grows knock it out the park every time for flavour over the local organic by a long way. That's my patience talking not me and they are more of the organic veg localy sorced buying kinda crowd.

I’ve had good organic and hydro. Either way can be done with excellent results. I don’t buy from dispensaries cuz I don’t know what goes into their grow. Most grow ops don’t care about the quality, only the quantity. I have friends that grow hydro and their product is great… cuz they care about what they consume. Same with me, semi organic. I care about what goes in so I know what the end product will be like.

Dispensaries are like the Mcdonald's of weed, they get the job done, but the entire experience leaves something to be desired.
I used to practically live on burgers. Since all these shortages and price increases, I feel like "they" are messing with the food. Burger I've been getting tastes like crap and literally turns my stomach.

Back