I can't seem to find regular Autoflower seeds for breeding.

It's a boy, mrs, Walker, It's a boy! So, I now have two males and a female in a 2x4 tent with a carbon filtered exaust pumped to the outside world. I put an air purifier in the room. Two more active tents are in the room, The plants in the 2x4 are in autopots so I won't have to open the tent at all except to top dress in a few weeks. By that time some of the other plants in the room will be gone.

Out of four seeds I got one female and two males. I either overwatered or the gnats/fungi? got it. (Newbie error). The seeds are Coal Miners Daughter, F-5 Regs. The plants I'm growing out are a little small but healthy otherwise. I guess having two males and one female is the best outcome I could hope for with only three plants. So what would the seeds from my plant be? CMD F-5? Would these offspring be more forgiving for all the abuse I give them? I noticed that Dan Jimmie and friends have used CMD in a few projects. It might be cool to start with an F=5 CMD and take it a completely different direction. Whatever that may be. Fun times ahead.

Thanks again AFN! you put me a few years ahead of where I might be, but keep my head in the present.

I put two males and a female CMD in the 2x4 tent for about two weeks now. The taller male dropped pollen sacs all over the tent floor. The female is shorter and in the middle. The shorter male has some open and dead sacs around it but not as much as the taller one. The female has pretty pink pestles. I harvested the plants in the other tents but there are one week old seedlings in the room.
Should I be worried about pollen spreading to seedlings?
The female breeding plant is 38 days old but only o foot tall. Should I let them go some more or remove the males?
I plan on totally removing the seedlings in six inch pots from the room while I remove the males and clean.
Is it safe to leave the fertilized plant in the room (separate tent), with a new grow?
I don't want to open the tent, otherwise I would include a picture.

It's unfortunate the seed testing guidelines/process has become so stringent here at AFN or atleast the last time I checked.
Otherwise I would have flooded this site with reg autos years ago.
It would only serve to help the progression of the autoflower cultivar by having both chromosomes easily accessible for the masses.

It's unfortunate the seed testing guidelines/process has become so stringent here at AFN or atleast the last time I checked.
It would only serve to help the progression of the autoflower cultivar by having both chromosomes easily accessible for the masses.
For breeders who sell seed it is. Some around here that do it for the fun just use the private message function... :pass:

:smokeit: We know Dirt, we know,... :doh:
Last time I heard, a consult with a lawyer about a free-for-all seed share/swap/purchasing by private individuals in open forum under AFN's specific circumstances would open us up to an assortment of potential legal/law agency liabilities, foreign and domestic...
Also, on a more practical level, it more often than not spurs one shit-show after another amongst members who turn to staff to police
disputes = :nono:

Things change though, and I don't know what you were told or when...
Right now there is definite grey area on this, so let's see what @Son of Hobbes has to say about this currently - :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, what guidelines specifically do you find restrictive?

We're always willing to listen to ideas and reevaluate processes if they need tweaking!

Out of curiosity, what guidelines specifically do you find restrictive?

We're always willing to listen to ideas and reevaluate processes if they need tweaking!
In the past I was told test beans needed to be sent in I'm guessing to a moderator? Then they would be distributed to designated testers chosen by AFN...atleast that is what I was told last.

I understand why you have rules and personally I mean no offense, but I just find this to be micro-managed.
Also somewhat bias as the breeder/chucker has no say in who runs they're gear and its left in the hands of someone else to decide.
It just doesn't feel right to me, personally.

I'm cool playing by the rules as I have since 2012 when I was invited to AFN

I was just saying if things where different...they'd be different.

I wasn't trying to cause a stink and maybe the rules have changed?

My intentions are good..I just want to help where I can.

In the past I was told test beans needed to be sent in I'm guessing to a moderator? Then they would be distributed to designated testers chosen by AFN...atleast that is what I was told last.

To my knowledge, we haven't had any requirements like that in literally years.

The initial idea of our testing program came about in October of 2015; and we -did- originally have seeds sent out to selected moderators, but a lot of that was because many of our breeders were (and many still are) European based, and it was often requested of us to have someone receive a bulk order to redistribute because of the shipping limitations and challenges of getting them overseas at the time.

It was also done as a security measure because we dealt with both genetics and grow equipment being sent to growers potentially in non-legal states from companies that we took on good faith weren't being deceptive or had ill intentions (beyond what normal research on someone provides.) Things have gotten a lot cooler in 2024 than they were not even a decade ago.

It didn't take long though before we realized what a ridiculous pain in the asshole task it was to have to redistribute seeds.

Now we let the vendors generally handle those things on their own (and we have for years.) :thumbsup:

I understand why you have rules and personally I mean no offense, but I just find this to be micro-managed.
Also somewhat bias as the breeder/chucker has no say in who runs they're gear and its left in the hands of someone else to decide.
It just doesn't feel right to me, personally.

Ever manage a horde of stoners?

Respectfully I disagree; if anything it makes the testing less biased. Anyone can cherry pick top growers; testing is more rounded when you have a variety of skill levels and environments testing things out; not just someone who could grow a redwood tree in a solo cup.

It also lessens social-favorability and courtesy bias; which tends to exist when testers think by kissing butt to their favorite vendors or in social rings, they will keep receiving goodies just for saying nice things, or that they simply don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (out of respect or fear of reprisal.)

Now that said; I do think @Mossy was hinting at changing some things around with how we've traditionally done/allowed this for 2024, admittedly more for our sake and sanity then anything (it's a tough gig lining up all these things.)

I'm cool playing by the rules as I have since 2012 when I was invited to AFN

I was just saying if things where different...they'd be different.

I wasn't trying to cause a stink and maybe the rules have changed?

My intentions are good..I just want to help where I can.

I say this tongue in cheek; but it sounds like you're still playing by the 2012 rules :pighug:

If you have genetic work you want to share, especially as a 12 year AFN forum veteran, I'm sure we can figure out those sort of details -and- under guidelines that make sense and work for everyone.

To my knowledge, we haven't had any requirements like that in literally years.

The initial idea of our testing program came about in October of 2015; and we -did- originally have seeds sent out to selected moderators, but a lot of that was because many of our breeders were (and many still are) European based, and it was often requested of us to have someone receive a bulk order to redistribute because of the shipping limitations and challenges of getting them overseas at the time.

It was also done as a security measure because we dealt with both genetics and grow equipment being sent to growers potentially in non-legal states from companies that we took on good faith weren't being deceptive or had ill intentions (beyond what normal research on someone provides.) Things have gotten a lot cooler in 2024 than they were not even a decade ago.

It didn't take long though before we realized what a ridiculous pain in the asshole task it was to have to redistribute seeds.

Now we let the vendors generally handle those things on their own (and we have for years.) :thumbsup:

Ever manage a horde of stoners?

Respectfully I disagree; if anything it makes the testing less biased. Anyone can cherry pick top growers; testing is more rounded when you have a variety of skill levels and environments testing things out; not just someone who could grow a redwood tree in a solo cup.

It also lessens social-favorability and courtesy bias; which tends to exist when testers think by kissing butt to their favorite vendors or in social rings, they will keep receiving goodies just for saying nice things, or that they simply don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (out of respect or fear of reprisal.)

Now that said; I do think @Mossy was hinting at changing some things around with how we've traditionally done/allowed this for 2024, admittedly more for our sake and sanity then anything (it's a tough gig lining up all these things.)

I say this tongue in cheek; but it sounds like you're still playing by the 2012 rules :pighug:

If you have genetic work you want to share, especially as a 12 year AFN forum veteran, I'm sure we can figure out those sort of details -and- under guidelines that make sense and work for everyone.
Thank you for the clarity...you are correct and no need for tongue and cheek.
My bad for assuming the situation remains the same without researching the current operating procedure.
Last time I checked was early/mid covid.

I couldn't imagine the amount of time and work it takes to do the things you and the team do. Thank you it does not go unnoticed.

I have no plans of selling seed.
I had a small company but I shuttled it...
I realized the business end of it wasn't for me. I was never in it for the money and the risk vs. reward wasn't worth it.

I just love the creative aspect of breeding and really need to find homes for all this seed...lol

I'm working on a project now. It's a regular MAC auto variant that will need testing, maybe with the potential upcoming changes it will be possible to share with the community.

Magnum x MAC F1

Attachments

• 20240124_124116.jpg
    20240124_124116.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
Back