I can't seem to find regular Autoflower seeds for breeding.

FullMoonparty

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour Stomper by Mephisto
I've been searching for regular auto seeds with no luck. Are breeders not selling them as much anymore? Eventually, I would like to take a shot at making my own supply of seeds. Watching a twenty dollar seedling die sucks! If I get a weak seedling because I did something, or it just is a weakling, I have no choice. At twenty dollars each I have to grow it out. Some shitty little plants turn out fine but they take up space.

I would rather plant seeds like I do any other crop. Plant a dozen seeds and pick the best four. And throw away the other $160. So, I need my own seeds for that reason. I want to play around with topping and more aggressive training. I'm getting much better at germinating but I screw up still.

I've got three non feminized autos growing now. I'm hoping to get a male. I'll know in a few more days.
I'm lazy. I don't want to go through all the work it takes to bring a photoperiod into the picture. Two of my favorite autos will do fine. I would just stick with that combo and see what I can improve. All my favorite breeders are not currently selling regular autoflower seeds.

I've been searching for regular auto seeds with no luck. Are breeders not selling them as much anymore? Eventually, I would like to take a shot at making my own supply of seeds. Watching a twenty dollar seedling die sucks! If I get a weak seedling because I did something, or it just is a weakling, I have no choice. At twenty dollars each I have to grow it out. Some shitty little plants turn out fine but they take up space.

I would rather plant seeds like I do any other crop. Plant a dozen seeds and pick the best four. And throw away the other $160. So, I need my own seeds for that reason. I want to play around with topping and more aggressive training. I'm getting much better at germinating but I screw up still.

I've got three non feminized autos growing now. I'm hoping to get a male. I'll know in a few more days.
I'm lazy. I don't want to go through all the work it takes to bring a photoperiod into the picture. Two of my favorite autos will do fine. I would just stick with that combo and see what I can improve. All my favorite breeders are not currently selling regular autoflower seeds.
Have you considered just reversing female plants? I am not sure why you would want to bother with regs if your main purpose is to supply yourself with seeds. By reversing, you have a far larger selection of strains available, and STS supplies are relatively easy to find nowadays. You can supply yourself with thousands of high quality seeds from just about any strain you like with only a minor amount of extra hassle compared to dealing with regs.

But maybe you know all that and still really need to have regs. Whatever floats your boat mate. :pighug: :bighug:

Have you considered just reversing female plants? I am not sure why you would want to bother with regs if your main purpose is to supply yourself with seeds. By reversing, you have a far larger selection of strains available, and STS supplies are relatively easy to find nowadays. You can supply yourself with thousands of high quality seeds from just about any strain you like with only a minor amount of extra hassle compared to dealing with regs.

But maybe you know all that and still really need to have regs. Whatever floats your boat mate. :pighug: :bighug:
Sounds interesting. Can this be done with autos? I'll have to look around more on this forum for the How- To's on that. EZ way works for me. I managed to save a few of my favorites and some I can't find anymore. This sounds like a good way out of my dilemma.

P.S. Thank you and everyone here for helping out. My over/under watering is under control and my plants could not be happier. You All Rock!!:headbang:

And all the seeds will be females as well. Extra bonus.
Sounds interesting. Can this be done with autos? I'll have to look around more on this forum for the How- To's on that. EZ way works for me. I managed to save a few of my favorites and some I can't find anymore. This sounds like a good way out of my dilemma.

P.S. Thank you and everyone here for helping out. My over/under watering is under control and my plants could not be happier. You All Rock!!:headbang:
Yes it can all the seeds will be females too.

The thing with reversals is that it's not 100% that the strain will produce viable pollen or not. Some strains won't reverse or produce very little pollen, but in the end you get feminized seeds so no sifting out males. Also less guess work about what traits the two strains have.
With a regular male, you'll almost definitely get way more pollen than you'll need, but you'll be more guessing as to what traits it might pass on.
This is a good discussion on the topic.

Currently growing out my first Male photperiod to do some pollen collection and seedmaking! Good luck on your seed project! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

The thing with reversals is that it's not 100% that the strain will produce viable pollen or not. Some strains won't reverse or produce very little pollen, but in the end you get feminized seeds so no sifting out males. Also less guess work about what traits the two strains have.
With a regular male, you'll almost definitely get way more pollen than you'll need, but you'll be more guessing as to what traits it might pass on.
This is a good discussion on the topic.

Currently growing out my first Male photperiod to do some pollen collection and seedmaking! Good luck on your seed project! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Love em. I'm subscribed to ShangoLos. Long videos but always on point. For now I'm peeking down the rabbit hole to see what's up. I've always been learning disabled or "mentally retarded" as they used to call it before ADHD and all the meds to go with it. But!, when it comes to a subject that I'm passionate about I can excel. So hop on the small school bus with me and my friends.

Yes, reversing can be done with autos. As mentioned not all strains will reverse well, and none will produce pollen like a male plant will, but the thing is that you need very little pollen to produce hundreds of seeds, or even thousands if that is your thing. Also as mentioned, if you reverse a female auto, all seeds produced will be female, so no males to weed out later. If you start with a well stabilized strain that you like from a good breeder, and pollenate the same strain as the pollen is from, the resulting plants will also be reasonably consistent in characteristics - essentially what you are doing is duplicating the strain, not breeding with it.

All my reversing so far has been with colloidal silver, and it never failed me until my last grow. I'm still not sure what happened, it may have been some screwup on my part since more than one strain refused at the same time. However, I will be going with silver thiosulphate next grow, as there seems little doubt that it is as least slightly more effective than colloidal silver, and a bit less hassle. If you want to try it, I recommend the combination kit sold by Silvergal999 on Ebay. It is the cheapest I have found, and will supply you for a heck of a lot of reversing. You do not use a lot of the chemicals involved. You will need a digital scale to measure the ingredients though, and the chemicals can cause harm, so pay attention to the warnings about how to do stuff. :pighug: :goodluck:

Yes, reversing can be done with autos. As mentioned not all strains will reverse well, and none will produce pollen like a male plant will, but the thing is that you need very little pollen to produce hundreds of seeds, or even thousands if that is your thing. Also as mentioned, if you reverse a female auto, all seeds produced will be female, so no males to weed out later. If you start with a well stabilized strain that you like from a good breeder, and pollenate the same strain as the pollen is from, the resulting plants will also be reasonably consistent in characteristics - essentially what you are doing is duplicating the strain, not breeding with it.

All my reversing so far has been with colloidal silver, and it never failed me until my last grow. I'm still not sure what happened, it may have been some screwup on my part since more than one strain refused at the same time. However, I will be going with silver thiosulphate next grow, as there seems little doubt that it is as least slightly more effective than colloidal silver, and a bit less hassle. If you want to try it, I recommend the combination kit sold by Silvergal999 on Ebay. It is the cheapest I have found, and will supply you for a heck of a lot of reversing. You do not use a lot of the chemicals involved. You will need a digital scale to measure the ingredients though, and the chemicals can cause harm, so pay attention to the warnings about how to do stuff. :pighug: :goodluck:
I abandoned Fireworking before I started because of the risks involved. Things can go wrong in a millisecond. Before you realize what happened you're already at the pearly gates. I'm experienced with handling hazmats but I'll have to research how bad the chemicals are etc. I have a very accurate scale for weighing out formulas. I'll put it on the back burner for now. I've got enough going on in the room now. A future project though. Thanks.

I abandoned Fireworking before I started because of the risks involved. Things can go wrong in a millisecond. Before you realize what happened you're already at the pearly gates. I'm experienced with handling hazmats but I'll have to research how bad the chemicals are etc. I have a very accurate scale for weighing out formulas. I'll put it on the back burner for now. I've got enough going on in the room now. A future project though. Thanks.
if you have experience with hazardous materials, the chemicals should be no biggie. Safety glasses and gloves are all that are required. I have not done any serious digging on the technique for applying STS yet, but I am sure there is lots of information online, including here on AFN. I will likely be starting a project in the fall, and will document what I get up to. :pighug:

Back