Indoor In the Rasters of My 4 by 4

Hey have you ever tried using neem oil because I've seen it used a couple times in the past by my Uncle I've used it for the garden especially the tomatoes. It's perfectly safe to use but I'm not 💯% sure when it comes to Mary Jane!?
I've used that but there's something I like better. It's in a white bottle and is really popular but I can't remember the name. It contains neem oil and other essential oils

I also have some Azamax in the fridge but only use it for bad infestations. Because of the climate where I live and the fact that it's in a forest where nobody farms because they don't have much water, pests don't "bug" me much.

With the plant outside most of the aphids will get eaten.

And yes, it's my understanding that neem oil is okay to use on flowers but I wouldn't use it within a couple of weeks before harvest.

Kumaon Palm
This is one of the two seeds (I have one left and one other growing outside) that were created when an Afgaan 90 x Kumaoni (Afkum) hermed and pollinated the Purple Canyon Industrial pheno. It's the first seed I've grown that has leaves resembling its Kumaoni landrace grandfather, including the rough hairy surface.

It kind of looked like a palm tree until it started filling out the lowers this week. So I'm calling it the Kumaon Palm pheno.
20230812_181314.jpg

It should be well-suited to the local climate, given the climate in Kumaon. And it's handling the hot, dry days and cool, cool nights here, so I feel correct in that assessment. I started bringing it inside about a week ago when some of the plants outside started flowering because I haven't cloned it yet and am not ready to flip.

It could be a crap pheno. But I'm hoping it's fire because it's very vigorous and probably stretchy, but very sturdy with strong roots. Like a damn tree! 🌴🌳

When I was checking to see if someone already had a strain called Kumaon Palm, I discovered such a palm tree actually exists. This pheno looks nothing like her namesake but I like the name and that's more important. :funny:

file.jpg

Last edited:
My 41 bucks (FNG Gelato 41 x Dino Meat) that I moved outside to finish, hermed. I found a big splash of pollen but was unable to find the balls. It was only 30 days in flower. It's been mostly cloudy for a week or so.

Its day length jumped to 13.5 and I thought problems were possible when I put it out so I'm not too awfully surprised.

I chopped it and will decide what to do when it's cured. It'll probably be hash oil eventually.

I needed to get my plant count down anyway...

I have more seeds and will grow it again. It creates big, fat, dense buds with almost no stretch and smells like orange creamsicle. If I had treated it right, I'm sure it wouldn't have hermed.

I also decided to chop the Purple Canyon Detroit pheno. Today is day 60 and I could have let it go to 75. Yesterday I had decided to let it go until next weekend but it was right next to the plant that hermed.

Most of it is full cloudy with an occasional amber - the stage its sister was at when I tested her (Industrial was better when I tested her than two weeks later when I harvested). So I think it's a good time to chop anyway.

After trimming, I washed my hands thoroughly but it didn't help much. This is one STICKY strain. Watch this four-second video and be sure to have the sound on! This is AFTER trimming! :fire:

I finally got a line on the smell. It's 180 weight motor oil - the kind you put in the rear end transfer case on an old pickup. Absolutely awesome! Not quite as loud as her sister, but louder than just about anything else.

This pheno had longer internode spaces but I'm pretty confident I got close to four ounces so I'm satisfied. I put her in an oversized grocery bag (Cheddar's takeout bag, actually) to dry. I want to do this right because I don't want to lose that smell.
20230813_084956.jpg
20230813_084423.jpg
20230813_084319.jpg
20230813_083251.jpg
20230813_082721.jpg
20230813_082402.jpg

Attachments

• 20230813_081949.jpg
    20230813_081949.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230813_082147.jpg
    20230813_082147.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
@Arkvader13 I took your advice and ordered some Neem oil. I can't find that other stuff I used before and today I found some more aphids in the tent.
I would use Spinosad. Three treatments, each 5 days apart and they are gone. Three weeks after treatment there's no trace of it to be found. 👌

It's been nine days since my last confession. After removing plants for harvest, and for being males and two landrace herms, this is all I have left on flower. Lots of empty space in the tent.
20230825_151357.jpg

I considered moving them to the other location and moving those plants here. Unfortunately, that would leave a few plants with nowhere to go so it stays the way it is for now.

I'll probably be putting the Kym's Sweater on 12s tomorrow and there are a couple of my crosses almost ready to move in - so it won't stay empty for long.

See that as an opportunity buddy...Pull that entire canopy open. If you are up for it, supercrop that left back female so she ends up at the same hight as her sisters. Start with the smallest of the girls and work your way up. Then give a nice dose of bennies, myco and some carbs to help in recuperating and let them rip :headbang:

See that as an opportunity buddy...Pull that entire canopy open. If you are up for it, supercrop that left back female so she ends up at the same hight as her sisters. Start with the smallest of the girls and work your way up. Then give a nice dose of bennies, myco and some carbs to help in recuperating and let them rip :headbang:
I should have... But I put two new plants in there today! :funny: :haha:

Back