Interesting, Unique, and Unusual Autos

proustdreams

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
What are some of the most unique or unusual autos you have grown in terms of terps and/or effects? To be clear, I am not talking about unique or unusual in terms of growth structure or appearance. Strictly terps and effects.

I wanted to make this thread because I was checking out some of the menu items at my local cannabis delivery services and many of the ones I've tried are fantastic quality, but they're becoming....same'ish. Here are some of the strains being offered by one of the best reviewed vendors in my area:

Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Runtz
Cereal Milk
MAC
Jealousy
OG Kush
SFV OG
Hawk OG
True OG
Cookie Kush
Tahoe OG
Wedding Cake
Animal Coookies
GMO
Gelato
Gelato 33
Gelato 41
Gelato 45
Gelato Mint
Cherry Gelato
Guava Gelato
Guava (Gelato pheno type - and yes Guava Gelato and Guava are two separate items on the menu)
Gelanade (another Gelato pheno?)
Lemon Cherry Gelato
Water Melon Gelato
Sunset Rainbow Sherbet
Jealousy x Runts
Obama Runtz
Nightmare Runtz
Island Runtz
Gush Mintz
White Runtz
Pink Runtz
Runtz
White Cherry Runtz
Thin Mints
Pink Thin Mints

This is 80%+ of the menu and the rest I'm leaving out are mostly variations and crosses of GSC and basically the entire Cookies lineup. The legal scene in my area is still new'ish so perhaps that is why there is little variety.

I'd like to grow some autos that offer terps and effects completely different from the strains I can get in my town.
I would love to know what were some of the most unique autos that you have ever grown. Bonus if they are easily available in the USA!

Last edited:
Do they have pictures or any evidence that actually verifies what they’re selling? Or are they just chucking pollen and making up names? I’ve never seen any of these in auto form for sale.

Check out JeanO’s genetics. I have grown a few and they are not the norm. Blue dog was a fave. And I saw rootbeer float on there. And he’s a member here.

To be 100% honest, many autos smell and taste the same. I've grown out 50+ autos now and there is such a narrow range of possible terps with them it was kind of turning me off of them. The main one that stands out as different is Jeanos Root Beer Float, as was mentioned above. It has the loudest and most distinct smell of any auto I've grown and is also the frostiest auto I've seen anywhere. May have been pure dumb luck but mine turned out amazing.

To be 100% honest, many autos smell and taste the same.

I feel this! lol I have a poor sense of smell and taste as it is so for me they really have to stand out or else they will go unnoticed! I have had some that I call "special" and really stand out. I am glad to hear that Rootbeer float is one of them. The name sold me when I first saw it and someone recently let me know they were back in stock. Mine are out for delivery right now.

I already have 3 of his strains in my fridge! I’ll be running Root Beer Float for my next run
I need to get my hands on some of that root beer float. Too bad Im broke from buying seeds already. Whenever I go to buy I forget about jean-os

Back