Interesting, Unique, and Unusual Autos

Night Owl's Zamaldelica Express has a really unusual terp profile. I've grown it a couple times so far and they've all been broadly similar, just with some smells more or less prominent. They have all had sweet spices, something like ginger/galangal + cardamom + clove + "purple", coupled with a strong quinine/tonic water sharp/bitter note. Some of them have also had a sweet vegetal base to the smell, like beet root or carrots, which is a trait of the Zamal side. Kind of like if you poached beets and carrots with ginger in Becherovka (a Czech liqueur). I haven't heard anybody else describe the smell in those terms, and Night Owl's description is all about tropical fruit, but my setup and nutrients may be bringing out different characteristics. Which is great, I love how it smells. It also has a really special high, but given the lineage (Zamal, Malawi, and Thai), I'd be shocked if it wasn't quite different from most common stuff!

I've also grown Ace's Auto Zamaldelica, which quite similar effects to ZE (maybe a touch more psychedelic), and that one's smell and taste came out a lot closer to Night Owl's ZE description for me -- fruity, with peach and elderflower dominant, maybe some melon in the background. A couple US-based seedbanks started carrying Ace last year, somebody probably has the AZ in stock right now. ZE is hard to find at the moment, but it seems like Night Owl has been working on reproducing it, so there may be some available in a couple months. I would enthusiastically recommend either/both.

Night Owl's Wizard's Apprentice is another, mine really does smell and taste like a Thai green curry OG. It's weird. Very interesting effects from that one too.

A couple other people have mentioned Mephisto's Hubbabubba Haze. I'm a big fan of that one, and their Mango Smile is wonderful as well. MS should be pretty widely available, HBH may restock later this year.

Back