Dutch Passion Is it better for Autos to reduce Light hours when Flowering??

DLI is potentially an issue. I listened to a really good podcast from an LED manufacturer that believed that Autos require less light intensity than Photos and running them for 18 to 24 hours with the same intensity that we would a photo for 12 hours can result in them being "over saturated" . This shows its self as looking like nute burn or cal mag deficiency but is in fact just too must light over a 24 hour period. Ill find a link if anyone is interested.
I think DLI is not really the issue when running 24/0 in an organic run especially and in a chem run.
The plant needs time to efficiently communicate to and feed the microbes. It does his most efficiently in off cycle. The plant will direct the microbes to the nutes it needs. This is why I hit the girls with a microbe boost and molasses in the last couple of weeks in flower. The plant directs that energy in feeding the microbes to mating bud, trying to procreate. The molasses is to feed the microbes, which continues to feed the girl with the nutes it makes available to the girl.

Those of you growers that are organic or that want to go organic, get Jeff Lowenfels newest book: Teaming with Bacteria: The Organic Gardener’s Guide to Endophytic Bacteria and the Rhizophagy Cycle.

In his new book Teaming with Bacteria, Lowenfels digs into the new science behind how endophytic bacteria supply nutrients to a large array of plants and explains, in accessible language, how this information applies to home gardeners, small-scale farmers, and cannabis growers. Based on cutting-edge science that will help gardeners increase plant health and productivity, Teaming with Bacteria is a must-have addition to every organic gardener’s library.

Amazon product

Back