Dutch Passion Is it better for Autos to reduce Light hours when Flowering??

Malteser

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me that it`s better to reduce light hours even for Autos when flowering , so they will not be stressed.
I never saw this anywhere ... any opinions on this please.
Should I just leave them 18/6 like they are , now that I started to see Pre flowering??
or maybe put them like 16/8 ??

Thanks

Last edited:
I’d stick with 18/6 if that’s what you’ve been on. Running 24/0 here due to heat needs. I heard that yield wise 18/6 is most efficient with autos

A friend of mine told me that it`s better to reduce light hours even for Autos when flowering , so they will not be stressed.
I never saw this anywhere ... any opinions on this please.
Should I just leave them 18/6 like they are , now that I started to see Pre flowering??
or maybe put them like 16/8 ??

Thanks

Never heard of this as a "thing" ... I would stick to your light schedule (18/6 or 20/4)
:d5:

Stick to what you're doing. No where does anything state that autos 'require' anything...only that they 'can handle' whatever schedule you chose.
18/6 is the most used although some vary that to less or more. Be consistent with your schedule is most important. IMO.....autos will stress more from other environmental factors before a light schedule will.

Thanks Guys that`s all I needed , I`ll stick to 18/6 , this is my 1st grow so please wait for more silly questions :worship:

Thanks again

52 days.jpg

This is how they look @ 52 days ... 2 in front Mimosa Punch , 2 at the back Ultimate.

View attachment 1448180
This is how they look @ 52 days ... 2 in front Mimosa Punch , 2 at the back Ultimate.
They look real good. It's early flower. If you're organic, hopefully ya have some flower nute already in your 'bank'. If chemical, get ready with your flower nutes.
Keep a very close eye on your leaf condition. They can come up quick when the plants ramp up if you're not already prepared. It's went most have problems.

They look real good. It's early flower. If you're organic, hopefully ya have some flower nute already in your 'bank'. If chemical, get ready with your flower nutes.
Keep a very close eye on your leaf condition. They can come up quick when the plants ramp up if you're not already prepared. It's went most have problems.

Thank you Nutes are ready and I`ll keep an eye on the leaves. I have in mind to do some more Middle and lower defolation approx. 10 days from now.
Thanks again.

Thank you Nutes are ready and I`ll keep an eye on the leaves. I have in mind to do some more Middle and lower defolation approx. 10 days from now.
Thanks again.
I'd do some defol now or soon. I try to limit my defol to a minimum when flowering in earnest.
Get rid of stuff you know won't make good buds and take leaves that are covering good bud sites and do any training now.

DLI is potentially an issue. I listened to a really good podcast from an LED manufacturer that believed that Autos require less light intensity than Photos and running them for 18 to 24 hours with the same intensity that we would a photo for 12 hours can result in them being "over saturated" . This shows its self as looking like nute burn or cal mag deficiency but is in fact just too must light over a 24 hour period. Ill find a link if anyone is interested.

Back