Grow Mediums Is third time the charm or will this be another AutoPot failure?

:pop:

. I realize you can't use original MC in APs, (I tried that my 1st run & it didn't take long to clog up the lines -- despite using hydro-guard & drip clean). I guess I'll buy the other part of the MC
I'm curious was that with the new aquavalve5? I just started my first run with AP's and you got me a little worried now but i will be using the 2-part.

I was getting a lot of buildup when using megacrop in my autopots. It was making like a brown sediment in the bottom of the rez and gumming things up. Turns out I was adding the calmag before the silica and it was making it cake up. Much better when I went to silica, calmag, then megacrop. Just wait 20mins between the silica and calmag and then 20mins before adding the megacrop

I was getting a lot of buildup when using megacrop in my autopots. It was making like a brown sediment in the bottom of the rez and gumming things up. Turns out I was adding the calmag before the silica and it was making it cake up. Much better when I went to silica, calmag, then megacrop. Just wait 20mins between the silica and calmag and then 20mins before adding the megacrop
Hey @Jerseyphresh1 what’s your water source? Tap, RO

:bighug:Welcome @Blunoser :d5: I'm glad to have you along for the ride!:bighug: :pass:
:pop:

I'm curious was that with the new aquavalve5? I just started my first run with AP's and you got me a little worried now but i will be using the 2-part.
:bighug:Welcome in @Daledenton84 :bighug: I still have some of the original formula Mega Crop and it's not for hydro. The 2 part should be fine! I was already using the bloom part and I have the other part coming soon! :pass:
Good to know! I knew about adding silica first & then cal/mag, but I didn't know you were suppose to wait 20 mins. I'll for sure start doing that and thanks for that valuable info! :d5::pass:

As promised earlier, I took some more pics of the CDLC. I got enough cold solution in the fridge for 1 more watering, (Yep, I've been practically giving her ice water, :snow2: and before today her temps were only at 64 F. There's no feed in the water, but there is 15ml of Purpinator & 2 1/2 ml of SM-90 for surface tension. I recently found a 1/2 gallon of SM-90 I had stashed back. I thought I only had a little left in my 1 liter jug, so I've only been using it during the seedling stage to promote healthy roots. So the plan is to water later today & then give her 24 - 48 hours of darkness until chop time! :tang: At that point, I'm just going to hang her upside down in the same tent and dry her like I described in an earlier post. I'm only going to pull the large fan leaves off & I intend to jar her with the sugar leaves left on to protect the trichomes. Here's some pics I took just a little while ago. The bud shots are all from different flowers & the final one is the center cola. You can't really see, but I topped her too late & there's basically 3 buds coming from 1 branch. Anyways, thanks for looking and happy growing! :peace: :pass:

IMG_20220216_003203.jpg

IMG_20220216_003208.jpg

IMG_20220216_003254.jpg

IMG_20220216_003310.jpg

IMG_20220216_003318.jpg

IMG_20220216_003325.jpg

IMG_20220216_003333.jpg

Yup or use a mixing pump. Then you can almost immediately add the nutrients in the tank. Just make sure everything gets dissolved, then you're golden :thumbsup:

Yup or use a mixing pump. Then you can almost immediately add the nutrients in the tank. Just make sure everything gets dissolved, then you're golden :thumbsup:
I tried this and the gunk ended up burning out the pump in a couple months. Had a circulating pump around since I used to use general organics in the autopots. What I ended up doing was adding more tubing to make the tube inside the rez higher so it wouldn't pull as much sediment from the bottom into the pots, and shopvac the gunk out the rez regularly. But after I got advise here about the mixing order it got much better :headbang:

I tried this and the gunk ended up burning out the pump in a couple months. Had a circulating pump around since I used to use general organics in the autopots. What I ended up doing was adding more tubing to make the tube inside the rez higher so it wouldn't pull as much sediment from the bottom into the pots, and shopvac the gunk out the rez regularly. But after I got advise here about the mixing order it got much better :headbang:
I just use a big wooden spoon and stir the res every time I go past it...since it's right next to bedroom doorway that's at 5 to 10 times a day.

Back