Grow Mediums Is third time the charm or will this be another AutoPot failure?

Need4Weed

Searching for that poontang pheno
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Creme da la Chem, Purple Nuggets, Grape Crinkle
So how's it going fellow growers! After 2 mediocre runs using APs, I've re-evaluated my methods and I'll soon be ready to give it another go! Now when I use the "m" word, I'm specially referencing quantity not quality! Prior to APs, I was using coco/perlite in 3 ga pots and usually pulling 4 - 6 ozs per plant. On my 2nd run with APs, I managed to pull 3 1/2 ozs off a Sour Crack, but she was by far my best plant of the 4. As my stash dwindled I decided to do a run in 5 ga fabric pots. I had never grown indoors with over a 3 ga pot, plus I always heard bigger pot = more yield! Much to my surprise, I currently have some of the best looking plants I've ever grew! I'm almost certain that 1 girl, (Cash Crop Auto), is going to break my personal record for autos of 9 1/2 ozs. She's bushy, around 5ft tall & her colas are super hard. She's coming up on day 70, so it won't be long now! I currently have 4 girls in only 3 pots. Of course 1 pot has 2 plants of Gorilla Glue Auto, (something I won't do again). Long story short, 1 was sick early on so I planted another, but later I didn't have the heart to pull either one. Even though they are 9 days apart, they both are in the process of finishing like the CCA. Finally, I have my favorite strain Creme da la Chem nearing day 80. She been getting flushed for the last several days. All the girls top colas have milky trichs with the CDLC showing some amber. Since I don't harvest in stages, I like to see lots of amble on top to help ensure at least cloudy in the lower stuff, (not to mention I love a good couch lock stone).
As of right now I plan on running 1 each of Creme da la Chem, Grape Skywalker, Forgotten Cookies and Grape Crinkle. The only one that may change is Strawberry Nuggets instead of the FC. I'll be using coco/perlite with air domes and lighting will be 3x Mars TS-1000 & 1x California Lightworks Solar Extreme 250. I've noticed young seedlings really love the SE, exhibiting lush fat foliage. Nutes will be MC by Greenleaf Nutrients, with added cal/mag & SM-90, (something I thought I was out of but found nearly 1/2 gallon hidden away). I will also be using Silca Blast throughout, and Purpinator during flower along ... with a couple rounds of Sensizym. Plus, I'll do a flush with Flora Kleen before switching to bloom nutes. I have a 6 in extraction fan with carbon filter, using a willhi controller for temps. Tower fan for circulation and both a humidifier and dehumidifier if/when needed. Since I'm waiting on my girls to finish, I'm going to post some pics of my current grow and play a few jams! As always, questions, advice, concerns, (even rants and raves), are welcomed and encouraged! :peace::pass:

Last edited:
As promised here's a few pics of my current grow that are a couple days old!
First 3 pics are CCA by COTC & pics 4-6 are Gorilla Glue by FastBuds. I'll get some pics of the CDLC later on as all my pics of her are a week old.. :pass:

IMG_20220212_051913.jpg

IMG_20220212_051927.jpg

IMG_20220212_051949.jpg

IMG_20220212_054026.jpg

IMG_20220212_054044.jpg

IMG_20220212_054124.jpg

Watching! Which MC version are you going to use?

So how's it going fellow growers! After 2 mediocre runs using APs, I've re-evaluated my methods and I'll soon be ready to give it another go! Now when I use the "m" word, I'm specially referencing quantity not quality! Prior to APs, I was using coco/perlite in 3 ga pots and usually pulling 4 - 6 ozs per plant. On my 2nd run with APs, I managed to pull 3 1/2 ozs off a Sour Crack, but she was by far my best plant of the 4. As my stash dwindled I decided to do a run in 5 ga fabric pots. I had never grown indoors with over a 3 ga pot, plus I always heard bigger pot = more yield! Much to my surprise, I currently have some of the best looking plants I've ever grew! I'm almost certain that 1 girl, (Cash Crop Auto), is going to break my personal record for autos of 9 1/2 ozs. She's bushy, around 5ft tall & her colas are super hard. She's coming up on day 70, so it won't be long now! I currently have 4 girls in only 3 pots. Of course 1 pot has 2 plants of Gorilla Glue Auto, (something I won't do again). Long story short, 1 was sick early on so I planted another, but later I didn't have the heart to pull either one. Even though they are 9 days apart, they both are in the process of finishing like the CCA. Finally, I have my favorite strain Creme da la Chem nearing day 80. She been getting flushed for the last several days. All the girls top colas have milky trichs with the CDLC showing some amber. Since I don't harvest in stages, I like to see lots of amble on top to help ensure at least cloudy in the lower stuff, (not to mention I love a good couch lock stone).
As of right now I plan on running 1 each of Creme da la Chem, Grape Skywalker, Forgotten Cookies and Grape Crinkle. The only one that may change is Strawberry Nuggets instead of the FC. I'll be using coco/perlite with air domes and lighting will be 3x Mars TS-1000 & 1x California Lightworks Solar Extreme 250. I've noticed young seedlings really love the SE, exhibiting lush fat foliage. Nutes will be MC by Greenleaf Nutrients, with added cal/mag & SM-90, (something I thought I was out of but found nearly 1/2 gallon hidden away). I will also be using Silca Blast throughout, and Purpinator during flower along ... with a couple rounds of Sensizym. Plus, I'll do a flush with Flora Kleen before switching to bloom nutes. I have a 6 in extraction fan with carbon filter, using a willhi controller for temps. Tower fan for circulation and both a humidifier and dehumidifier if/when needed. Since I'm waiting on my girls to finish, I'm going to post some pics of my current grow and play a few jams! As always, questions, advice, concerns, (even rants and raves), are welcomed and encouraged! :peace::pass:

When I clicked on the Tom Petty video I already knew it would be my favorite song - I hit my last number and walked to the road.

Watching! Which MC version are you going to use?
Right now I just have the original version & only the bloom version of the 2 part. I ran my current grow on original MC up into day 50s. They were doing so well I kind of hated to switch to bloom. For bloom I'm current using Dyna Bloom, (I got a couple small sample bottles from my closest hydro store). I realize you can't use original MC in APs, (I tried that my 1st run & it didn't take long to clog up the lines -- despite using hydro-guard & drip clean). I guess I'll buy the other part of the MC for hydro in the next few days and go from there! :pass:

My humidity sensor has arrived and I can finally take the dehumidifier out of my new grow/dry tent! It took up far too much space and it left my CDLC with barely enough room to breath. :help: Soon she will be hanging upside down in the same tent and I'm thinking I'll just set the new humidity sensor to turn the exhaust fan on at +70%. I figure when the fan stops cycling on & off, she's ready for jarring! Here's a pic before I took the dehumidifier out, I'll post some after pics latter! :peace::pass:

IMG_20220215_125146.jpg

Last edited:
Back