Laughing Hyena Seeds Laughing Hyena Seeds : Lil' Stick

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
60299-png.1603927

Breeder: Laughing Hyena Seeds (Formerly Beaver Genetics)
Strain : Lil' Stick
Squirrel Tail / Thai Stick (Landrace) x Thai Ryder (World of Seeds)

This is another test run on some new strains/seeds from Laughing Hyena Seeds. 2 seeds dropped and planning on an indoor grow in 1.5L airpots of coco using Jacks 3-2-1 nutrient line. A big thanks to @LaughingHyenaSeeds for this set of seeds! Very excited to see what they've come up with.

LHS- strains copy.JPG

Lil Stick 1 & 2 dropped into a shotglass of water/kelp for a soak.

LS - soak.JPG

Jiffy Pellet seeded: After about a 48 hour soak both seeds had cracked slightly along the seam. Tails were not sticking out but were visible. Placed both into Jiffy Pellets.

pd6-25-jpg.1607818

This is how I like to set up my Airpots for planting. Just waiting on a sprout or two.....

New addition: DynoMyco! Just purchased a fresh tube today. Seen plenty of good results from other growers using it.

dynomyco-jpg.1607820

Germination
Day 1 : We have germination! Sprouts are both up. A little hidden but both had their heads up and the shells were loose. Going to wait a couple days and see if the membrane doesn't release on its own.

Lil' Stick 1 & 2 both popped sucessfully. They've been potted into 1.5gal airpots that were pre soaked/rinsed with 360ppm clone/seedling mix from Jacks Nutrients. I added 1g/gallon of SeaKelp from @Greenleaf Nutrients as well. Total input ppm was around ~470 but the added bump from the kelp doesn't count against the initial blend. Rinsed about a gallon through each pot until the runoff was ~500ppm which is close to the input solution strength.

The coco is a blend of Mother Earth and Cyco Pearl. I didn't have quite enough left in the bag of ME so I blended a new bag of the Cyco. I have found the Cyco Pearl to be aggressively buffered so a lot of pre-rinse is needed.

Lil' Stick #1:

LS1 - SHELL.JPG

LS1 - POT.JPG

Lil' Stick #2: This one has the stuck membrane. I'll give it a day or two before I start poking at it.

LS2 - SHELL.JPG

Potted up!

LS2 - POT.JPG

Both in their final spots, pots, and halos installed. A couple flags to keep things straight in case they get shuffled around.

LS - FINAL.JPG

Day 8: Start of week 2. Both plants are looking well. Put on some height and a couple sets of leaves in just the first week. Watered once on day 6, 1L of seedling strength ~300ppm of Jacks "Clone" mixed into RO water with some silica. About 500ml of runoff which is expected and fine since they will be moving to the regular blend in the next week or so. I mix 4 gallons at a time so using it up is good!

LS #1:

LS1-D8.JPG

LS #2

LS2-D8.JPG

Day 15: Start of week 3:

Both really put on a lot of size, height, and leaves this week. Got their first real feed tonight. Running 60% strength Jacks 3-2-1, came in at 590ppm and 6.0pH, both plants got 600ml.

LS#1: Strong growth.

LS1 - D15.JPG

LS1 - D15A.JPG

LS#2: Looking nearly identical! Nice even growth on all of them.

LS2 - D15A.JPG

LS2 - D15.JPG

Day 22: Start of week 4. The Lil' Stick plants are getting a very different shape to them. Growing a bit taller and more open than the Purple Dominas. I am leaving #1 alone to grow as it wants and I did top #2 and will give a bit of training to both.

LS#1: You can see the nice tall stems in the center of this pic.

LS1 - D22.JPG

LS#2: Topped on day 18.

LS2 - D22.JPG

Topped! I think I do see a little pistil showing but I need to give them all a closer inspection before I declare them as having shown sex. I've got some time to futz about tomorrow so I'll do the closer look and put some new training bits on them.

LS2 - D22A.JPG

Sex - D24
Extra update! : Lil' Stick has decided to show sex at almost the same time as the Purple Domina tent mates. I saw one pistil yesterday but today on closer inspection there are more.

LS #1: Just one calyx with white hair hiding around the side of the main stem. I probably just didn't see it yesterday.

Current feed schedule: Moved up from 60% strength to 80% strength on the Jacks formula. Approximately 595ppm to now 770ppm.

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 0ml out (yikes, thirsty bugger! This helped me decide to move to everyday watering)
7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 182ml out @ 450 ppm
7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 269ml out @ 484 ppm

LS1 - D24.JPG

LS #2: I thought I saw the single pistil in the center yesterday but today! It has some friends.

Current feed schedule:

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 66ml out @ 473 ppm
7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 458ml out @ 445 ppm
7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 224ml out @ 430 ppm

LS2 -D24.JPG

Ahoy! More friends way out there!

LS2 -D24A.JPG

Day 29: Start of week 5

Lil Stick is definitely the star of the show right now. Both plants growing beautifully, they seem to like the nute strength increase. Running 80% strength. The plants look like they are at the flowering transition point so they will get a nute change tomorrow. I'll add in the Jacks "Bloom" booster with the regular nutes. I have to check my notes but I think it's 2g/gal of everything for one or two batches and then back to normal mix.

LS#1: Untopped and standing tall. Just some minimal training on a couple of the lower branches.

LS1 - D29.JPG

LS1 - D29A.JPG

LS #2: Topped. In comparison much shorter but neither really look different.

LS2 - D29.JPG

#2 flowering just a bit faster.

LS2 - D29A.JPG

EDIT: Ah shoot I haven't got my notes on me. Ill have to put in the in/out feed chart tomorrow.

Back