Laughing Hyena Seeds Laughing Hyena Seeds : Lil' Stick

Germination
  • Day 1 : We have germination! Sprouts are both up. A little hidden but both had their heads up and the shells were loose. Going to wait a couple days and see if the membrane doesn't release on its own.

Lil' Stick 1 & 2 both popped sucessfully. They've been potted into 1.5gal airpots that were pre soaked/rinsed with 360ppm clone/seedling mix from Jacks Nutrients. I added 1g/gallon of SeaKelp from @Greenleaf Nutrients as well. Total input ppm was around ~470 but the added bump from the kelp doesn't count against the initial blend. Rinsed about a gallon through each pot until the runoff was ~500ppm which is close to the input solution strength.

The coco is a blend of Mother Earth and Cyco Pearl. I didn't have quite enough left in the bag of ME so I blended a new bag of the Cyco. I have found the Cyco Pearl to be aggressively buffered so a lot of pre-rinse is needed.

Lil' Stick #1:

LS1 - SHELL.JPG

LS1 - POT.JPG

Lil' Stick #2: This one has the stuck membrane. I'll give it a day or two before I start poking at it.

LS2 - SHELL.JPG

Potted up!

LS2 - POT.JPG

Both in their final spots, pots, and halos installed. A couple flags to keep things straight in case they get shuffled around.

LS - FINAL.JPG

Sex - D24
  • Extra update! : Lil' Stick has decided to show sex at almost the same time as the Purple Domina tent mates. I saw one pistil yesterday but today on closer inspection there are more.

LS #1: Just one calyx with white hair hiding around the side of the main stem. I probably just didn't see it yesterday.

Current feed schedule: Moved up from 60% strength to 80% strength on the Jacks formula. Approximately 595ppm to now 770ppm.

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 0ml out (yikes, thirsty bugger! This helped me decide to move to everyday watering)
    7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 182ml out @ 450 ppm
    7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 269ml out @ 484 ppm

LS1 - D24.JPG

LS #2: I thought I saw the single pistil in the center yesterday but today! It has some friends.

Current feed schedule:

7/17 - 60% : 600ml in @ 595ppm - 66ml out @ 473 ppm
    7/18 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 458ml out @ 445 ppm
    7/19 - 80% : 600ml in @ 770ppm - 224ml out @ 430 ppm

LS2 -D24.JPG

Ahoy! More friends way out there!

LS2 -D24A.JPG

Early Flower
  • Day 36: Start of week 6 - From just barely showing sex to an amazing amount of growth in the last week.

Lil' Stick is stealing the show. Unbelievable growth in the last week. The topped and trained plant is staying nice and short. The untopped is a gangly, branchy, tall, monster! I think the shape and structure is very similar on both but the topped one is much more manageable. They both spread out their branches nice and wide.

LS1: The tall one! I need to remember to measure the height at some point.

First - last weeks picture:

LS1 - D29.JPG

And now? Holy Cannoli!!!!

LS1 - D36.JPG

Loads of pom poms.

LS1 - D36A.JPG

LS2 is in the front. I hope you can see in this shot how much taller LS1 has gotten.

LS1 - D36B.JPG

LS #2: The topped, trained, and well behaved plant. As you can see, it has a similar wide branching shape to it. However, this one is topped and the outers pulled on a bit. Stacking up a bit faster.

LS2 - D36.JPG

LS2 - D36A.JPG

Nice tops. All pretty close to even with each other.

LS2 - D36B.JPG

Late Flower
  • Middle of week 9: Day 59. A couple days off schedule.

LS#1: The tallest plant. I was away for work and failed to refill the reservoir when I got home. It had plenty of water left but I messed up and forgot about it for a day. Ugh! It has recovered very well but lost a few leaves.

LS1 - D59.JPG

LS1 - D59A.JPG

Oof, these hurt to look at. Sorry plant.

LS1 - D59B.JPG

LS1 - D59C.JPG

LS#2: And in comparison the still perfectly healthy one.

LS2 - D59.JPG

LS2 - D59A.JPG

LS2 - D59C.JPG

LS2 - D59D.JPG

Harvest - Lil' Stick #1
  • Harvest: Lil' Stick #1 - Day 75

The tall lanky pheno. Damaged a bit from a missed watering but still finished well. Pretty decent sized buds on the ends of all the branches.

Trichome check first: Lots of amber everywhere. This plant grew fast and looks like it finished fast too! Should be a heavy hitter for sleep and insomnia.

ls1.jpg

ls1a.jpg

Final pics:

LS1 - D75.JPG

LS1 - D75A.JPG

Out of the tent:

LS1 - D75B.JPG

LS1 - D75C.JPG

LS1 - D75D.JPG

LS1 - D75E.JPG

A lovely easy growing strain. A very strong smell of citrus and lemon. I am absolutely dissapointed with myself for not noticing how low the reservoir had gotten. This plant was taking nearly a gallon a day. This tall pheno did not need any training and was spread out nicely. I think it's carrying a decent amount of weight and could have been even better were it not for my errors.

Harvest - Lil' Stick #2
  • Harvest: Lil' Stick #2 - day 75

Colour check: Clear/cloudy with barely a speck of amber. Could have gone a few more days but it was time.

ls2.jpg

ls2a.jpg

Final pics: Topped and trained. Developed some very nice colas all the way around.

LS2 - D75.JPG

LS2 - D75A.JPG

LS2 - D75B.JPG

Even the lower side branches are quite heavy and frosty:

LS2 - D75C.JPG

LS2 - D75D.JPG

LS2 - D75E.JPG

With a few fan leaves cleaned up for a better look:

LS2 - D75F.JPG

The mains on this were a bit bigger than a 20oz gatorade bottle and just as thick around. I tried to show where the bottle lies and where the end of the cola is past on both ends.

LS2 - D75G.JPG

Absolutely fantastic strain. Easy to grow and this plant really shows the contrast between the two phenos I had. Training and topping didn't slow it down a bit. There was hardly any small undeveloped buds near the bottoms. Just thick colas all the way down.

Attachments

• LS2 - D75H.JPG
      LS2 - D75H.JPG
      730.3 KB · Views: 12
    Back