Indoor Leaf discoloration and brown spot issues in flower. Can't seem to hammer it down

I just looked at this again and I just want to double check that your PH pen has been calibrated recently? Your PH numbers are fine and that is why I did not think about it the first time through.

I just looked at this again and I just want to double check that your PH pen has been calibrated recently? Your PH numbers are fine and that is why I did not think about it the first time through.

Yeah. I've been rechecking (and recalibrating if needed) the pen before each watering (Apera PH60). I've had it for about 3 weeks now, but before that I was using a cheap crappy PH pen so that could definitely have been an earlier contributing factor.

Once you get a pot of soil out of balance it is very difficult to get it back before the plant is done. Don't worry too much I have seen worse make it to harvest with ok yields.

I guess I can say as well I am having the same problems. Tiny brown spots on my mid level leaves. Cal/Mag excess and deficiencies look exactly the same in pictures, so I don't know where to turn...Been growing for years, and now this same symptom seems to be relevant in all my grows of late.
I'm at my wits end.

Quick update on this one. Speaking to a very verteran grower in chat (won't name names in case they don't want to be inundated with direct questions :mrgreen:) they thought that perhaps I was dealing with an infection or some other root issue, and suggested that I perhaps try flushing with carbonated water to inject some oxygen to the roots, using half strength nutes. Alongside this I brought the pot up higher to encourage air flow around/under the base, and also aimed a circulator fan at the side of the pot (which I rotate every day or 2) to help dry the soil quicker so the roots aren't sitting in too wet an environment for longer than they need to.

So far it seems to have stopped (or severely slowed down) the deterioration of the plant and she seems far happier. I let the pot dry out then watered using nutes to around 500pm as @Mañ'O'Green suggested.

We'll see how it goes from here, but it seems to be moving in the right direction.

To anyone who's having similar issues, perhaps look to improve air circulation around your roots? Perhaps it's not deficiencies like we always seem to jump to and might be an issue with the roots!

Back